account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

unknown camera error xperia z

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 11 of 22
Message 11 of 22

Re: unknown camera error xperia z

Try to clear the catche on the settings -apps then restart the phone this sorted it for me..  Still shouldn't be happening let me know if it works good luck m8

One time poster
Message 12 of 22
Message 12 of 22

Hi,

You are not alone. Exact same issue and behaviour. I've even tried restoring phone from computer to no avail.

Seems like a software issue. Video camera wouldn't record 'unknown error'. No videos in album. Rebooted phone, now it records and in addition I have broken videos in album (assume blank) for previous efforts. Could there be some write access issues with external sdcard or other software interfering?

Wonder how widespread this issue is?

One time poster
Message 13 of 22
Message 13 of 22

I finally contacted Sony Xperia Support about the issue and they asked for the phone to be sent in for repair as it wasn't an issue that could be resolved easily. Its probably best if you send your handset in for repair.

(I sent the phone in as having a 'Camera Fault' and have looked up the repair status and Sony seem to have found an 'Operation' issue which causes freezing/hanging/locking up)

So this could be the root cause of the 'unknown error' problem.

One time poster
Message 14 of 22
Message 14 of 22

I finally have found the guilty! at least in my case.

I almost went crazy with this problem, but with patience, root, and eight backups I realize that a liitle and usefull app called magicjack was stopping my microphone for a recorder and video recorder use

Maybe somo of you has the same app installed or another internet calling app causing the issue

Hope it helps Smiling Face with Horns

One time poster
Message 15 of 22
Message 15 of 22

I had exactly the same issue, uninstalled a dozen apps trying to find the culprit and suddenly rememebred I had just installed OpenMic+ which uses the Mic to constantly listen for voice prompts for Google Now. Disabling that solved the "unknown Error" on the video camera. Check your audio apps guys - that may be the problem.

One time poster
Message 16 of 22
Message 16 of 22

When I tap on camera icon, the display show "unknown error".. Can anyone tell me what happen on my camera phone?
I tried to clear everything, but still cant open camera, still show "unknown error"..
Help me pleasee..
One time poster
Message 17 of 22
Message 17 of 22

I am getting the same probleme
My video camera doesnt work
When I tap on the Camera Icon it opens the app
But When I press on the record button it shows " Error Camera is not Available "
Message 18 of 22
Message 18 of 22

Download sony update service and repair your device:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 19 of 22
Message 19 of 22

Similar to other here. I had installed a program that records phone conversations. It took over the mic and caused the video error. Deleting cache for the camera apps didn't fix the problem for me. 

Learner
Message 20 of 22
Message 20 of 22

When i open back cam unknown error pops up, by swiping to M or video or any other mode then it come 'camera is used by another application plz close other application'

Front cam is working properly