account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

unknown camera error xperia z

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 22
Message 1 of 22

unknown camera error xperia z

had new contract for 4 days tryed to use the vid camera tday and got unknown error message then the video camera crashed and goes to home screen not happy why is this happening??? advised to download pc  companion to do system update!!! 4 days old com on but i am trying this cure now will update you all thanks guys

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 6 of 22
Message 6 of 22

Re: unknown camera error xperia z

try this

settings > apps > all > camera > clear everything > restart your phone

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

21 REPLIES 21
Emperor
Message 2 of 22
Message 2 of 22

where are you storing your pictures/videos? internal memory or SD card?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 3 of 22
Message 3 of 22

I'm having a very similar problem,  capturing photos works fine but when I switch to the Video Camera and tap Record, it pauses for around 2 seconds and then I get an 'Unknown Error'. If I restart my phone it seems to work fine but the error returns after a while. I tried a Repair using Sony PC Companion which didn't fix the problem. I'm using a 32gb memory card for my storage.

Any advice to fix this issue?

Emperor
Message 4 of 22
Message 4 of 22

try using the internal memory to store the pictures and videos and see if that solves the issue, if it does then the problem is with the SD card

One time poster
Message 5 of 22
Message 5 of 22

Tried that, still getting the error unfortunately Slightly frowning Face

Emperor
Message 6 of 22
Message 6 of 22

try this

settings > apps > all > camera > clear everything > restart your phone

One time poster
Message 7 of 22
Message 7 of 22

That seems to have done the trick :smileygrin:

Haven't had the error while filming videos for nearly 2 days so hopefully it'll stay like that.

Thank you very much for the help, much appreciated Slightly smiling Face

Emperor
Message 8 of 22
Message 8 of 22

anytime

One time poster
Message 9 of 22
Message 9 of 22

Thanks for the help with the video camera error issues I found it had something to do with a quick start setting I was using changed to normal mode and all ok still should not happen though Thanks for the advice tho guys

One time poster
Message 10 of 22
Message 10 of 22

Just got the error again Slightly frowning Face

It just doesn't seem to want to go away....