account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

unfortunately memory has stopped

Rookie
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

unfortunately memory has stopped

When I try to transfer data from the internal memory to my SD-card i get the message "unfortunately memory has stopped". The SD-card has worked before as well as the transfer feature. I think this started to happen after a warranty repair of my 3.5 mm stereo connector. Any clues about what to do?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: unfortunately memory has stopped

Did you try to remove the SD card and put it back again?Also,restart your device with the card inside.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

@alexdon wrote:

Did you try to remove the SD card and put it back again?Also,restart your device with the card inside.

Yes, I tried that, still no luck. I also tried with a different SD-card and it still doesn't work.

Learner
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

For me i get unfortunately bbm has stopped whenever i try to launch the bbm app, also same for my album and movies app...this is frustrating, i really need help.

Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

I suggest you download SUS and attempt a repair:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

I disabled the memory app in setting and re-enabled and then boom it worked
One time poster
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Formatting my sd card worked for me
One time poster
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

How do u disable the memory app or format the sd card!?
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Settings-storage-erase SD card.

Visitor
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

How do U disable and re-enable memory? Its not under apps