account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

shut down with no reason

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

shut down with no reason

Anyone, please help me. Give the solution. My phone always shut down with no reasons since two days ago. When i tap on camera, it turn to shut down. It also can function when charging. So sad.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Re: shut down with no reason

Hi nuramnie

Sorry to hear this your phone is not turning on, i can suggest few things by doing this we can come to the conclusion about the issue

>how many hours usually you charge your phone ?

>is it using wall charger or computer
, when was the last time it was working fine

>since it turns-on only when you connect the phone to the charger, then i suggest to Restore the phone (erasing all the data on phone, if you can do it ) and see does the problem is still persist, if after doing this it is still same, then open the back panel and check the battery is over heated or battery is swollen ( rarely it happens!),

>if battery is heating or swollen then it is problem with battery itselft, so that you can go back to the place where you have brought then get a battery replaced , i believe they do it for free, i guess there is less problem with firmware update, doing this i dont think it will be fixed,

>since it works fine when connected to charger mean battery is not holding the charge, so problem with the battery ,

Hope it helps you.

Manjuboyz Slightly smiling Face

NOTE:

Rate me If you are happy with my Resolution, Thanks  Slightly smiling Face

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Do you have a 3rd party app for camera?Also,any task killers?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

I dont know how to detect it. Not only when i tap camera but others application also. Is that problem with battery?
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Boot your phone in safe mode,see how it goes:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

I have done boot but my phone but failed when turn on. Always shut down but can't turn on. Vibrate for 3 sec then nothing happens. I only can on my phone when connected to charger.
Learner
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Please, i'm tired thinking the solution. Always shut down with no reason and i can't on my phone without charger. Disappointed. Using xperia ZL only 4 months, it still new. Please dont tell me that my phone was broken. Help pleaseeee.
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Have you attempted a firmware repair:

1. Download the PC Companion software from http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
and install it on your PC.
2. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
3. Phone Software Update.
4. Start.
5. Repair Phone
6. Continue
7. Accept data removal
8. Next
9. Wait for prepare
10. Select Phone
11. Follow the connection steps

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Hi nuramnie

Sorry to hear this your phone is not turning on, i can suggest few things by doing this we can come to the conclusion about the issue

>how many hours usually you charge your phone ?

>is it using wall charger or computer
, when was the last time it was working fine

>since it turns-on only when you connect the phone to the charger, then i suggest to Restore the phone (erasing all the data on phone, if you can do it ) and see does the problem is still persist, if after doing this it is still same, then open the back panel and check the battery is over heated or battery is swollen ( rarely it happens!),

>if battery is heating or swollen then it is problem with battery itselft, so that you can go back to the place where you have brought then get a battery replaced , i believe they do it for free, i guess there is less problem with firmware update, doing this i dont think it will be fixed,

>since it works fine when connected to charger mean battery is not holding the charge, so problem with the battery ,

Hope it helps you.

NOTE:

Rate me If you are happy with my Resolution, Thanks  Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Thanks a lot Manjuboyz.

So sad. That was problem with my battery. Maybe I should go to Sony centre to repair it. It still in warranty. I hope I can used my phone as usual. loveZLverymuch. Hmm.
Commissioner
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Well Appreciate nuramine, you should have a smile, since phone is still under waranty Winking Face some people won't having this too, hope they fix the battery(replace) and make you happy

talk to you soon Slightly smiling Face

NOTE:

Rate me If you are happy with my Resolution, ThanksSlightly smiling Face