account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

should i buy it??

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

Re: should i buy it??

Not Xperia Z. I bought Xperia ZR. I must hand it to Sony for having such an honest forum where you can get reviews and comments from earlier users to understand if you should buy a gadget or not. Unlike the other companies, this is a very good medium to get users together who help each other.

Personally, I like the Xperia ZR. Good display, excellent sound quality of the Walkman App and it works very well. Only it should not be dropped onto the hard floor. If you do buy it, buy with a good back cover. My next objective after 1 year is to try out Cyanogen Mod on it. I do not think it will get Android L. After all, an 18 month old handset is treated like obsolete with no patches or upgrades. Not even security patches. Hopefully they change the patching architecture some day from replacement of firmware each time to just allowing users to update specific packages. After all, Android base is Linux only.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 12 of 13
Message 12 of 13

So much hate in this thread. I have the zr. Version .101 with android 4.3 ran for months without a reboot (until my usb cable from Asus failed). A had occasional hiccups with Bluetooth, if I didn't rely on Bluetooth I would be perfectly happy. In my opinion Sony do have the most beautiful customization. 

If you are happy with sp I don't think the upgrade is worth the money, save up for the next version. 

If you are not satisfied with the installed firmware version it's easy to downgrade.

Learner
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

stay away from this junk at all costs i got one couple months back update made it unusable sony say its fine and theres no problems nice looking paperweight :/  never a sony again for me