account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

should i buy it??

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

should i buy it??

I want to buy this phone from a friend, i have xperia sp and want to buy Z but i saw on this forum that a lot of people complain about the battery drain issue. Need some advice if it's worth buying it. Ty in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Re: should i buy it??

Refrain from buying it.. It would be my honest advise, you would be happy later for not buying it. 

If you have already bought it, then, welcome to world of worries and frustration. God Bless you. The pain of buying a Sony device would start almost immediately. 

Xperia Z
C6602
12 REPLIES 12
Talent
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

1) xperia Z is Announced:  2013, January. Thant means its already 1.5 years old

2) you said you aready read fourms and complaints 

3) You might be seeing the OS updates and very very important the service.

If I were in this situation, I wouldn't have had second thought. 

I keep the current /existing phone and will be happy provided it is not again a sony phone which is awaiting for updates.

Talent
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

My personal opinion, don't ever buy a used phone and above all its Sony, so beware.
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Is this device that BAD?
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

No,the device is not bad.You should stop at a store and use the phone a little,see if you do like it.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

My bit of experience on buying the Sony Xperia Z (C6602).. I've had it since the last 9 months now.. Based on my experience and through the experience of other owners ..here are a few tips ... U can decide later on...

Xperia Z Phone reality...

The Phone is Water resistant and NOT water Proof. Beware of this..If you are unlucky, and your phone stops working.. The Sony Service Engineers totally rely on LITMUS paper mounted inside the phone for ascertaining Water damage. If the litmus paper has turned RED. Then you are in big trouble as it means WATER DAMAGE.. NOT COVERED under WARRANTY. How and WHY the litmus paper turned RED.. Sony is no way concerned with any of your explaination. 

The phone is a NON-REPAIRABLE Device, if you land up in trouble and visit any of the Sony Service Centres, they would simply retain the phone for a long time, and finally say it was due to water damage and surprise you by say the litmus paper has turned red..and this was the reason for phone malfunction. Period.

The phone is very delicate for handling, a fall from your hand would be curtains for your phone. You should take care of it more than your life if you do not want to lose your hard earned phone you have bought.

The main mention about the major drawback of this phone is it's battery, 2340mah battery is no where sufficient for a sony bravia enabled screen and the various applications like google location, movies, music and most important, your calls. The device gets heated up in no time,even you you are on long calls say even a 15 min call would heat up your phone. 

Sony takes up no responsibility for this, as they have already adviced that the phone should be used in a manner which should not stress the phone. So people, its up to you to keep a devil along with you by paying hefty sums of money. And Sony is proving to be the top brand to supply such devils to innocent customers.

Xperia Z
C6602
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Refrain from buying it.. It would be my honest advise, you would be happy later for not buying it. 

If you have already bought it, then, welcome to world of worries and frustration. God Bless you. The pain of buying a Sony device would start almost immediately. 

Xperia Z
C6602
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Well thnks for the replies. I have xperia sp now and since the last update i am a very sattisfied customer, the phone works like a charm, but i wanted to "upgrade" and i don't have the necesarry money to buy a top sony device and figured Z would come close to SP in specs and day to day usage but since you enlightened me i will wait and raise money for something better. Ty all
Visitor
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Hands away from Sony mobiles... poor quality, loose of functions during updates and poor support

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

My answer would be : Yes and no !

Yes, because I have the phone for over a year, and its is beautiful, fast, solid, takes good pictures, is still waterproof and the battery is OK ... Some little flaws, but it seems they have been taken care of in the Z1.

No because since the 4.4 update, google services drains the battery, and apps can no longer get your location as fast as it was in 4.3. Result : indeed a lot of frustrations,

So : if the phone you are buying is still 4.3 : go for it, if not : leave it.

And again, maybe they read this : SONY : FIX THIS !!!