account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

my Xperia Z won't charge beyond 10%

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

my Xperia Z won't charge beyond 10%

yesterday  i'm plug it all day long at battery 100% and use it as portable wifi hotspot

but battery is going down to 15% when i'm finish use it as wifi hotspot (always plug in pc) 

and i'm go to bed with my phone plug in (wall charger) all night 

in morning battery won't go up it still at 15%

i'm change to pc and another wall charger but i't wont go up ultil it go down to 8% then it go up to 10% and won't go further 

is my battery dead or what ?

unnamed.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular
Message 11 of 12
Message 11 of 12

Re: my Xperia Z won't charge beyond 10%

update.

after 2 day i'm shutdown my phone and do notthing

today i'm have to recieve sms so i'm power on  my phone and plugin charger.

after recieve sms i'm let my phone charged for a while and my battery is charged now at 69% and go on.

then i'm try unplug and maximum battery consume full brighness open music wifi hotspot my battery seem to be normal

and then sudden shutdown but i can restart and battery still charging and seem back to normal

now myphone has more than 50 battery 

i'm going to repair and will update soon

-------------------------------------------

update

after repair myphone is back to normal

11 REPLIES 11
Demigod
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Hi there,

Connect the phone to a wall charger > Press and hold "Power Button" and "Volume Up" simultaneously for a few seconds ( 1 vibrate) > Let it charge for 1 hr and see if the problem still persists.

Also, you should try with another USB.

Keep us informed.

There is nothing impossible to him who will try.  A. t. G. (356BC - 323BC)

Regular
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

i'm tried 

Connect the phone to a wall charger > Press and hold "Power Button" and "Volume Up" simultaneously for a few seconds ( 1 vibrate) > Let it charge for 1 hr

and 

Connect the phone to a wall charger > Press and hold "Power Button" and "Volume Up" simultaneously for a few seconds ( 3 vibrate) > Let it charge for 2 hr

i'm switch 3 usb cable : xperia tx bundle cable,sony bluetooth headset usb cable ,blackberry usb cable

and problem still not solve

now battery going to 6% and this message show up " battery not charging " 

i'm sure my power souce is not have any problem (I'm can still use 2 computer charging another phone as usual)

battery.JPG

Demigod
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

I think you should contact your local Sony Xperia Care for further assistance, maybe you have a problem with USB port on your phone.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

There is nothing impossible to him who will try.  A. t. G. (356BC - 323BC)

Regular
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

i'm not quite sure that my usb port has problem i'm can still plug in and transfer file to my computer  and it charging but not go any much further than 10% 

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

@Cheychao - Is the phone hot when you check it after it has been on charge for a long time? I am asking as this would indicate that it is charging and that it may just be displaying incorrectly, however if it is not hot then this could indicate a loose connection.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

@sam yes i'm now my phone is power off  connect wall charger red led is light up (as always) and my phone is warmer 

more information yesterday when i'm boot my phone battery is go up to 15% and not further

and if i'm open too many app battery go down while charged all the time.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Then it would be worth at least trying a software repair before looking at gettting it assessed:

1. Download the PC Companion software from http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
and install it on your PC.
2. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
3. Phone Software Update.
4. Start.
5. Repair Phone
6. Continue
7. Accept data removal
8. Next
9. Wait for prepare
10. Select Phone
11. Follow the connection steps

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

I'm try but my phone battery is lower than 50% and Doesn't allow to repair how can I repair with out more than 50% battery

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

I see, then sending the handset in for repair is really the only option left sorry.

sony_logo126x24.gif