account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

battery draining too fast in sony xperia z

One time poster
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: battery draining too fast in sony xperia z

Dear Sony support,

My Sony Z battery draining so quickly even on standby mode I had upgraded the new firmware and
getting less back up now after full charging as i use it for 10 minutes battery
% decreased fastly from 100% to 97%. Most of the time when i use it for 1-2
hour than i phone Sony z running out of battery.

Even if i have to disable all its functions and use only calling and sms than even it won’t help for me
much. I regret my decision to buy your Sony xperia z.

Kindly do the needful.

Amir Zahid Khan

Visitor
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

For all those who are facing fast battery drain:-
1) Go to Settings-->Power Management-->Disable all the three options.
2) Go to Settings-->Apps-->Find "Eco mode controller" and clear data.
3) Go to Settings-->Apps-->Find "Weather Widget" and disable it.
4) Go to Settings-->In Wireless & Connections-Click 'More..'-->Click Mobile Networks-->Network Mode>Choose GSM only.(your 3g/4g data might nt work)
5) Go to Settings-->Developr Options-->Enable it-->Scroll down and click on "Background process limit" and select "No background processes".
6) Go to Settings-->Developer options-->Turn off window animations and transition(optional).
7) Go to Settings-->Sound-->And deselect Vibrate on Touch.
8)Reduce brightness to least as possible to preserve battery.
9) Turn off wifi,data,gps,bluetooth,etc. when not in use.
10) Do not use Live wallpapers...use Static wallpapers..

Now your Xperia device is ready to boost as a beast at its best!!!

Visitor
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

It would be better if sony could rectify this problem

As suggested in your answer if you are not able to use 3g in your xperia z phone then simply we have to throw it in the dustbin

please comeup with some feasible solution dont take us to symbiab era phone

Visitor
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

My Battery Drains 3% for Every 5-8 mins of 3G data Usage. Task Killer is Installed only. no Games, Just normal Social Networking Apps. My Xperia z1 even Starts heating now. Its Out of Warranty now. Earlier I had a Xperia Z, and the Same happend with it Also. Why do these Fones Showing Malfunctioning after warranty period -_____-
Apprentice
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

I did all those things mentioned above like turn off :: data wifi gps animation scale brightness games etc... My Sony xperia z c6602 is now no better than my basic Samsung mobile
Its not a solution it's another problem which minimises the the former problem.
Apprentice
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

restore the software version to jellybean 4.2.2......... its the best version for sony xperia z c6602---- it solved my heating problem and fast battery drain issue...........

this is the only solution nothing else works.............. bkz i have tried them all

One time poster
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

Can't remove lookout security as EE has installed it as a system app. I have no other 3rd party apps installed. Still my battery loses 20% power over an hour. 

Wtb
Visitor
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

@vaibhav2701 wrote:

Dear sony users/support,

Battery draining issue is so critical that I have to always carry my charger with me need an plug socket near me

Most of the day if i use it for 1-2 hour than i have to think about if i have to take a long call.

if i have to disable all its functions and use only calling and sms than for what I have spent my money on sony

Sony must give me any solution for this major issue as I m unable to enjoy too long my sony xperia z

Why my sonny experia easily drain and getting hot

One time poster
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

its your udates please fix it ocotber 18 is so shocking i want to take you to court but i think i never get a sony phone ever again