account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Message 511 of 578
Message 511 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Hello to you all
I bought a xperia z there is a year and a half; there are two weeks ago I realized wanting to use my phone that the touch screen does not respond, I said of course it was never in my pockets, considering its size is not feasible, that it never fell and always as it should be when buying a device 600 protected by a shell.
short I look at the object and I realize that there is a crack in the glass that button starts to spread to the other end.
I phone Sony that initially leaves me very politely that he will be repaired or replaced.
I send it to my charge at SBE, 10 days after coming back to me a terse quote that says I can not claim the warranty, which includes the replacement of the display, an upgrade, a shell replacement ?? I need regular. and a replacement component for the modest sum of € 226 that currently worth about a new xperia !!!
I looked on the net and I realize that I'm not the only butt of the joke sony
the icing on the cake is that I need to retrieve the object has to pay 27.6 sbe
here is my misadventure
especially not buy more than Sony brand that is not honest enough to support an obvious hidden defect
I will not stop here
Bruno

One time poster
Message 512 of 578
Message 512 of 578

Hi
I don't want to say anything to get more frustrated with Sony xperia z and it's service conditions, I am huge Disappointed with the brand I was a regular customer of Sony since my first phone 2006, this doesn't means anything to Sony because they actulty don't have respect for their customers, they consider us as fools, when logging a complain their service people react like they are so usual and regular things for them, I will never buy Sony again for sure.
Rest in peace sony,.
Learner
Message 513 of 578
Message 513 of 578

Good afternoon. I have a similar situation with you, all the time use smatrfon, I never did not hit and did not drop. I really take good care of him, and loved him very much, and generally liked the Sony brand, but the screen is cracked without any physical vozdeysvtiya, the official service center is Sony, warranty repair refused, citing the physical impact, and now I do not know how I prove its case. I was shocked when I saw on the Internet such cases, and I'm just crazy driving, what Sony does not react to this problem! According to the description of the smartphone, it installed shockproof, tempered glass, and then there was a crack, a smartphone perfect body without any damage, how can this happen ??? I was on the phone to put it mildly sent to **bleep**, disgusting support, I did not see the interest to help me! There is no longer any desire to buy equipment Sony, and recommend to friends and family, and in fact wanted to change the TV to Sony, and now I am afraid that he is hanging on the wall crack)) It's a shame for sony, you always for me were the standard Japanese quality! Order Number: 1-2897067239

Apprentice
Message 514 of 578
Message 514 of 578

I have similar issue but sony doesn't respont and my money is lost,in warranty period .i am still using this phone ,I am working in media so i am promoting this issue because none of others could be trapped.

One time poster
Message 515 of 578
Message 515 of 578

crack.JPG

I was just holding my phone, no pressure was being applied to the glass and it just cracked in my hand. Today I went to see if i could get it fixed/ replaced under warranty and they refused to do so and claimed that it was impact damage even though there are no signs of impact damage on the rest of the phone. After telling the person there were no signs of impact they then told me that i must have bent it and it was my fault. Surely if I had dropped/ bent it the crack would be much worse and not just a single clean crack. Not impressed by the way I am being blamed for an obvious fault on sony's part.....

One time poster
Message 516 of 578
Message 516 of 578

I'm the same I had gave up as phoned just after received speaker never worked since recieved can't hear and others can't hear me don't hard reset factory restore and then when finished charging was cracked few places never ever had this with phone I had iPhone years never had issue now they want 320 to get out contract what a joke wish stayed with three I have been advised to go to watchdog so that's next step they told me Theydon send it away but id get big bill are they crazy they will loose alot custom as everyone has phones word mouth pass quick and that's what I go on recommendation bad move Sony
One time poster
Message 517 of 578
Message 517 of 578

I have just arranged to send my Xperia Z off for repair. I had it on charge this evening and have come back to it and the whole phone was RED HOT. To the point it actually shocked me when i picked it up. 

I unplugged the charger from the wall and just left it, now it has a crack running down the length of the screen which clearly isn't done by any pressure at all and I didn't notice until the screen wasn't working properly. 

Thankfully the phone is still just in warranty but after reading a few of these I'm worried sony won't even bother with it.

One time poster
Message 518 of 578
Message 518 of 578

009.JPGHi Everyone,

Yesterday, my Sony Z3 back glass decided to Crack. I have a lot of Photo's it's only a month old and have not dropped it or Physically damaged it in anyway. Going to the Sony Repair Centre in Perth at Lunchtime. They will be replacing this otherwise the ACCC will be hearing from me.

It was a Hot 40 Degree c Day yesterday when I was outside in the shade on my phone for 15 minutes, a message popped up on the screen and said the device temperature was hot before I heard a crack less then 5 minutes later. Took my case off and the above was there.

Optus Australia won't touch it, they wanted to send it off possibly 10 days with no loan phone. I am hoping Sony will admit there fault.

One time poster
Message 519 of 578
Message 519 of 578

I've just registered here to express my frustration and anger regarding my z3.
my phone dropped on the floor as I knelt down. About an 18" fall onto carpet ,a tiny hairline crack and phone is now useless.
Life long Sony customer,The last product I'll buy!
One time poster
Message 520 of 578
Message 520 of 578

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

i saw that when i took out my phone from the pocket i found the 'touch was not working',then i observed a 'long single line crack' on the screen.i am sure that the phone has not fallen down because there was no damage to the phone. i wonder how can this happen when it is having dragon tail glass/gorilla glass