account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 328 of 578
Message 328 of 578

Re: Sony ZR touchscreen glass broken

Sorry to hear about your phone.

I can unfortunately not see anything on your servicenumber as this is handled by local support. I recommend that you contact your local Sony Xperia support for assistance in this case: http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Regarding the warranty, also see my response in this thread: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Regd-Xperia-ZR-Screen-PDA-warranty/m-p/417713

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 329 of 578
Message 329 of 578

TICKET NO : 13103000866

DATE: 3-TH OCTOBER 2013

JOB NUMBER: W113103000866

IMEI NO: 3566 03051191741

SI NUMBER: 12726333

It is there,can u check with these details.I just called and confirmed it is still there

Apprentice
Message 330 of 578
Message 330 of 578

broken.jpg

Apprentice
Message 331 of 578
Message 331 of 578

You can see the glass is broken without any pinpoint shattering.

theres no dents no scratches on the case too.

Please do consider it .

Hoping a fast and good service.

Arshad

Apprentice
Message 332 of 578
Message 332 of 578

The local sony service centre people understood it is not because of any mishandling and its broken simply without any hit.

The service engineer is convinced and they sent a request to the Chennai authority and they did not approve it to be replaced.

And that is why the local service centre suggested me to complaint here in the customer serive.

I called them again after reading your reply.They said they cannot force their superiors because they are working under them.

So I am expecting this case to be considered and unless and untill the damage was not caused by any hit or drop down, Sony will cover it under warranty (I read the previous link).And reminding again, theres no dents or scratches n the phone and the local service centre is convinced.They need an approval from the company side.

Please look into this case seriously.I am a Sony-sony ercisson customer for last ten years and I love this brand.After waiting years we got direct services from Sony and i am happy for that.I expect a solution for this problem.

Thanks 

Arshad

Sony Xperia Support
Message 333 of 578
Message 333 of 578

Unfortunately i can't determine if a damage is covered by warranty or not from a photo. It needs to be investigated by a service location.

I recommend that you contact your local Sony Xperia support using the contact details found here for assistance: http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/. As all service is handled at a local level i have no way of seeing what's happening with your service order or make any changes to it.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 335 of 578
Message 335 of 578

I have mentioned what happened when i contacted the service centre.That is why I seek help here.

Please do whats needed.You can check with these details.Its there in the system when i contacted through hotline

Apprentice
Message 366 of 578
Message 366 of 578

NO HELP

NO SOLUTION

JUST A PARTIAL WARRANTY

One time poster
Message 373 of 578
Message 373 of 578

Hello Arshad Aboobacker,

Sony xperia zr work fine for me but i dropped it once so its screen is full white now. some one told me that its display strip problem. but if you have problem with screen than its available on ebay. its cheap. and also i want to ask if you know how to fix another lcd in xperia ZR i have lcd for this model but i dont know how to fix, neither technican here knew.so kindly send me an email on altawseef@yahoo.com, if you have any idea about it.

Regards, 

Qasim.

Rookie
Message 384 of 578
Message 384 of 578

If your Xperia ZR was purchased after 15th September in India, it should cover any physical damage. Atleast thats what the Sony Technical support guy over the phone told me when i contacted for a similar screen crack issue. Since my phone was purchased in July they said i have to pay half the amount of the phone to get it replaced. SONY should consider all the ZR phones which such faults and replace it under warranty. Why such two way treatment for phones purchased after 15th Sept and for those who bought earlier. They should have all Xperia Z series phone covered under this warranty.

@Cancerian wrote:

Hello Arshad Aboobacker,

Sony xperia zr work fine for me but i dropped it once so its screen is full white now. some one told me that its display strip problem. but if you have problem with screen than its available on ebay. its cheap. and also i want to ask if you know how to fix another lcd in xperia ZR i have lcd for this model but i dont know how to fix, neither technican here knew.so kindly send me an email on altawseef@yahoo.com, if you have any idea about it.

Regards, 

Qasim.