account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Emperor
Message 18 of 578
Message 18 of 578

Re: Screen problem (crack?)

umm, I don't see how will the charger would do that. you can see the point of "impact" on the micro SD flap/port not the usb port, you can also see that it was either hit on that corner or it was put under a lot of pressure.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 19 of 578
Message 19 of 578

I do not understand.. There was no external pressure absolutely. It was in front of my eyes while I put it to charge and I handle it like I would do a baby! yea - the main crack is near the micro SD slot. USB port is right next to it too.. is it like some kind of temp change within, some kind of surge or something? I do not have that kind of technical background to judge..  I just googled and came across similar experiences but no one seem to be clear.. Will teh sony centre able to determine that when they examine? What do you think would be my solution?!! I cant express what I am going through.. This was one phone I bought and have been attached with like crazy! If it was my previous one S3, I would not have been so bothered may be.. Any advice ? I would leave now to S Centre during my lunch break.. Hope they can figure out why its not working as well..

Emperor
Message 20 of 578
Message 20 of 578

I really hope they figure out what's going on with this phones. which Xperia Z do you have? and which date?, I think it'll be wise to keep track of that, so other users can see this.

I have

C6603 13W04

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 21 of 578
Message 21 of 578

What number is that you are refering to pls? the one at the back right bottom corner? Date less than a month.. April 11th / 15th 2013

One time poster
Message 22 of 578
Message 22 of 578

got it.. C6602 13W14

Emperor
Message 23 of 578
Message 23 of 578

year 2013 week 4, so my Xperia Z is from the 4th week of January 2013

One time poster
Message 24 of 578
Message 24 of 578

Mine is 13 11, wouldn't see the crack in a photo as it's under the outer glass.

Visitor
Message 25 of 578
Message 25 of 578

I think xperia 6602 have more problem then 6603

Majority

of people complaining have 6602

Master
Message 26 of 578
Message 26 of 578

I would recommend that you send the phone to a service center so they can take a look at it. I can't really do much here but to advise you that. If they find the cracks not be caused by external damage, they should repair it. Contact your local Xperia Support for more information:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 27 of 578
Message 27 of 578

Thanks . I have lodged a ticket and will taking it over tomorrow. Hopefully I get a resolution quickly.