account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

One time poster
Message 442 of 578
Message 442 of 578

Re: Xperia Z screen cracked in pocket

my phone have also cracked on the same place as your phone. from 1 min to the next it had happen , did not drop on the floor.

One time poster
Message 443 of 578
Message 443 of 578

Mine cracked a couple of weeks ago whilst it was sitting on a table doing nothing.

The hardest part has been convincing everyone I'm not a liar and that it just did it itself, thanks to this forum and some other complaints online people are actually believing my story.

If you're reading the forum because you have the same problem make sure you speak up so we can get as many voices out there as possible, then maybe Sony has to actually listen and fix the issue.

Visitor
Message 444 of 578
Message 444 of 578

Re: Xperia itself cracked screens. We want is an official statement that this IS a product fault

Another one bites the dust, I only had the phone for 15 days it has always been in a Tech21 case and screen protector.  The phone was in the cup holder while I was driving.  When I got out of the car I saw something odd with my phone.  Thinking that it was the screen protector, I proceeded to remove it.  SURPRISE cracked screen!  I was so shocked thinking wth.  I drove home as fast as I could to search the internet and low and behold I'm not the only one.  I can't believe how many results I found and Sony still aren't fully owning up to it.  They are only willing to fix screens with one crack.  That means literally no one because if the glass is defective it will crack more than once because its structural integrity has already failed.  Mine just got to the repair center and I hope they don't pull "It's your fault" excuse.  I knew I should've never bought the Sony phone, I have always been a Samsung guy.  I almost returned it under the 14 day policy because of the horrible screen quality.

Visitor
Message 445 of 578
Message 445 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

I am working at hotel in Taipei and providing 30 SONY Z mobiles along with free 3G wifi function to hotel guests since the end of last Dec(2013).  Recently, I have received 6 damaged screens while guest are still using SONY Z.  Those customers are hotel's major corporate customers from Hong Kong, Singapore, Switzerland, Italy, Germany and Japan.  We are honored to provide this new service to those high loyalty customers.  Therefore, this service arises damages issue and guest complains.  They were so confused and didn't know what was happened to cause the touch screen unresponsive/no response and small cracked either on the top or bottom of screen.  They told me they neither drop the phone nor put any pressure on the top of the phone.  Hotel management is very concerned about this unusual situation.  I also have phoned the local customer service at 02-2562-5511 this morning.  The lady, Ms. Ellen Ma told me there is no one has report the same issue ever before.  I asked for further contact information from Ms. Ma regarding to learning more about this weak screen design.  She said that she can not guarantee any reply from SONY or any contact to give out.  I appreciated her helps and believe she will be report my case.   I am still waiting for the reply from SONY and would like to know what was going on for such high percentage of damages.  

@L2wis wrote:

Morning all, I've had my Xperia Z six weeks and yesterday I took my phone out my pocket and the screen was all cracked! I honest do not recall running into anything, I had loose pockets (not tight jeans) and have certainly not dropped the phone. I was using it on and off all day and just all of a sudden the back glass had cracked. I'll get a photo uploaded later on today.

Do you think Sony will replace the handset? Or should I speak to my carrier O2? The phone is insured but there is a £50 to claim on it and since it's still working fine I'm not going to claim on it. I don't think I should really have to claim on insurance though since it's broke on it's own accord.

Any advice would be much apprechiated!

Visitor
Message 446 of 578
Message 446 of 578

I am working at hotel in Taipei and providing 30 SONY Z mobiles along with free 3G wifi function to hotel guests since the end of last Dec(2013).  Recently, I have received 6 damaged screens while guest are still using SONY Z.  Those customers are hotel's major corporate customers from Hong Kong, Singapore, Switzerland, Italy, Germany and Japan.  We are honoured to provide this new service to those high loyalty customers.  Therefore, this service arises damages isue and guest complains.  They were so confused and didn't know what was happened to cause the touch screen unresponsive/no response and small cracked either on the top or bottom of screen.  They told me they neither drop the phone nor put any pressure on the top of the phone.  Hotel management is very concerned about this unusual situation.  I also have phoned the local customer service at 02-2562-5511 this morning.  The lady, Ms. Ellen Ma told me there is no one has report the same issue ever before.  I asked for further contact information from Ms. Ma regarding to learning more about this weak screen design.  She said that she can not guarantee any reply from SONY or any contact to give out.  I appreciated her helps and believe she will be report my case.   I am still waiting for the reply from SONY and would like to know what was going on for such high percentage of damages.  

One time poster
Message 447 of 578
Message 447 of 578

Re: Xperia z Screen Crack Tips

my 6 month old Z 'popped in my jeans pocket, when i looked at it the display inside has cracked due to stress of thin phone bending in my pocket, the exteria glass was ok, the problem was with the internal digital display(which comes as all in one screen), i sent my phone to sony repair centre and they said it was not covered in the warranty and they wanted £220 for the repair of my phone, i told them to return the phone without repair at a cost of £14 to myself and have since taken it to a repair shop on the high street and they charged £130, i will be selling this phone now and buying one with better build quality but will never buy from sony again, unfortunate because i like the phone but i'm not spending ridiculous amounts of money repairing a phone all the time due to a weakness in design.

Visitor
Message 448 of 578
Message 448 of 578

i've had the same thing happen to me, i dont know how it happened either i think i may have put a weight against it in the gym but i didnt smack it it was a gentle place to my thigh where my pocket is and cracked in two places running down the screen causing the top half to not work... so there was no way it was covered but  i definietly thought it broke way to easily

Visitor
Message 449 of 578
Message 449 of 578

Really ?? Who would do sports exercise in jeans/denims seems a bit daft in reality!!!
Learner
Message 450 of 578
Message 450 of 578

My xperia z is also with sbe and the status is saying 'awaiting relabeling'. They have told me they are waiting for the IMEI label to come from sony and that it will be delivered soon.

How long did it take for you to receive your phone after this status? When should i expect mine back?

Visitor
Message 451 of 578
Message 451 of 578

Exactly my experience, remove phone from pocket, screen is cracked sufficiently that it died slowly before my eyes. I am stuck with an iphone and resent the fact that I look like I am lying about how the phone self-destructed and it cost 500 bucks for two weeks of cell phone use.