account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Visitor
Message 416 of 578
Message 416 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

JUST HAD SAME ISSUE WITH MY XPERIA Z, BENT DOWN TO GET SOEMTHING UNDER MY DESK AT WORK AND NEXT THING I NOTICED, HAD A CRAKED SCREEN.

HAD THE PHINE FOR 6MONTHS, ASSUMED IT WAS IMMUNE TO GLASS BREAKING AT LEAST NOT BY IT'S SELF.

SONY WHATS THE WAY FORWARD

Visitor
Message 417 of 578
Message 417 of 578

Xperia Z hairline crack, touch broken

Hia Sony, I have a 2 month old Xperia Z, After a day out in the heat I have come home to the aircon. My phone was in my purse on the lounge. I just went to use it and it is nonfunctional, I cant turn it off or touch the screen without it flipping out going into random apps or random screens. I also noticed a hairline crack from top to bottom which seems to be under the front glass. Now I know I haven't dropped it due to it being in my purse in a protective case, nothing was in my purse to damage the phone.. a pack a tissues cant.

For a phone that states it is waterproof and dust proof it has very poor durability for everyday use especially since the phone was just in my purse.

Please get back to me, I know have no phone !

Thanks, Danielle

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 418 of 578
Message 418 of 578

Re: Xperia Z hairline crack, touch broken

You will need to speak with your local Xperia Care team for any service/warranty questions sorry.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 419 of 578
Message 419 of 578

Re: Cracked SCREE ON SONY XPERIA Z

You should have taken good care of the touch screen.I saw the single screen here and  It's a little expensive even cost the half of the whole of phone.

One time poster
Message 420 of 578
Message 420 of 578

Re: Xperia Z screen cracked in pocket

Me too having the same problem of screen crack and the crack was same to same as shown in your pics. Above the crack touch was not working 

Rookie
Message 421 of 578
Message 421 of 578

Hello,

I dont want to beat a dead horse here but I just ran across this thread. My wife got her phone in november and mines is on the way and should get it today. 

Is this problem global? Any build dates we should be looking for? Has this been fixed or is this an on going problem?

Thank you for your time, IC

Learner
Message 422 of 578
Message 422 of 578

It's certainly a global issue, as a quick read through the pages in this thread show. I've had mine since March 2013 and it cracked in December 2013, yet I see other peoples' phones have cracked when they're only a few days old so sadly, this looks like it's affecting all models and countries.

Visitor
Message 423 of 578
Message 423 of 578

Same story here - single hair line crack from one side of the screen to the other - took me ten minutes to find it since it was almost invisible. Not dropped or damaged.

Vodafone refused to repair so I sent it to Sony. My repair status says 'in warranty' but also 'awaiting re-labelling' which sounds ominous.

Message 424 of 578
Message 424 of 578

well i had my screen n replaced last october/novenber ,only for the screen to crack again yesterday for no apparent reason again , i reallyu do give up on this phone and with sony al;together as their customer service last time around was non existent

Visitor
Message 425 of 578
Message 425 of 578

Well Sony are repairing mine under warranty according to the update.

Really annoyed with Vodafone - they would have charged me £200 to repair it and they flatly refused to check if there had been a policy review with Sony.

As for the phone, it's a lovely thing, but doesn't fill with confidence if folks are saying it has happened more than once.