account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

One time poster
Message 343 of 578
Message 343 of 578

Re: Xperia Z screen cracked in pocket

What are the three first serial numbers of your phone?

There are several different displays in Xperia Z. It may be that some dispplays have less resistant glass.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2462767

One time poster
Message 344 of 578
Message 344 of 578

Re: Xperia Z screen cracked in pocket

Hi, I had a crack in exactly the same position. My phone was getting really hot in my pocket so i took it out and i noticed the crack and the screen was only responsive in the bottom 1/3. My phone was in a hard plastic case that completly covered the screen. Furthermore, the damage was not limited to the screen, my sim card was also damaged, at first i presumed it was the phone, but after putting sim in various other phones it still didnt work. the crack is directly above the sim...

I have just been into carphone warehouse and they are quoting me £180 to get it fixed! 

Visitor
Message 345 of 578
Message 345 of 578

Re: Sony Xperia Z Screen issue(Cracked on its own within 1 month of purchase)

i actually had the phone for about one week. i was going into my truck and i heard a crack. the crack was at the bottom of the screen.. They had me play 150 for the phone. luckily, it was insured. if the phone is defective then we shouldnt have to pay.

Visitor
Message 346 of 578
Message 346 of 578

This also just happened to my phone this Morning. I noticed that the phone was overheating and when I disconnected the power cable and went to unlock the phone the screen cracked with two very fine lines that seemeed to start from where the phone was generating the most heat.

I did a little reseach and this seems to be a problem that a lot of Sony Xperia Z customers seem to be complaining about.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/sony-we-want-you-to-admit-that-the-xperiaz-has-a-major-over-he...

Is sony going to fix or replace these phones that so clearly have a fault?

Visitor
Message 347 of 578
Message 347 of 578

This has also happened to me overheated and fine cracks across the screen

Regular
Message 348 of 578
Message 348 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

i have also single crack, but i have some hope since i have read that single ccrack on the screen will be under warranty. This phone is extremely fragile. But i would buy it again since it is best phone i have ever used. 

Adept
Message 349 of 578
Message 349 of 578

You need to use more phones then. It isn't a very powerful device, compared to compeition. The only reason I went for it, was the supposed water proof nature of it and insinuated sturdiness. The screen cracked on its own 3 months form purchase, making it half functional, non water proof and proving it is certainly not sturdy. So it is an average device, which does not deliver on promises, by a company which cheats own customers and then supposedly makes half assed attempts to only cover some of them, to make it look as if some of them are chears, also falsifying an excuse for them to waiting for so long before addressing it. And you would give money to this same company again? And they're only doing it due to press, watchdog and obscene user pressure on them, not due to own ethics..

It is that kind of behavior that shows them that them being jerks is OK, since suckers come back anyway...

Regular
Message 350 of 578
Message 350 of 578

I have Galaxy s4 and an iphone 5 atm alongside with the xperia z. Not to mention the history of my htc's and the other phones =P so its not that i didnt use much devices, this one just performs really well. Also the looks and the waterproof capability gives it a + over the others. I was just really dissapointed with the cracked screen, i hope sony will do something about it. Honestly i would gift it to my brother and stick with sony, my choice would probablz be z1..

Visitor
Message 351 of 578
Message 351 of 578

Thanks Kevin_za for the website. I am going to print that out and send it to Sony along with my broken phone. I called tmobile and they said that I couldn't speak to a manager and that I was the first to ever complain about the issue(cracked screen and overheat). I told him about this forum and he said he didn't know anything but that I broke it. I encourage you guys to call and get an answer on why your phone broke.

Visitor
Message 352 of 578
Message 352 of 578

Hi javierzilla. I have just got my phone back from Vodafone repaired under warranty within a week! It maybe because the Saturday girl who filled in the paperwork put under warranty on the repair ticket with a cost of £0 or maybe Vodafone know about this issue and do repair Xperias, either way it sets a precedent. This may be of help in any future discussion you may have with mobile or Sony. Let me know if you need any help. @Buzzet270 on twitter