account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Apprentice
Message 233 of 578
Message 233 of 578

Re: Xperia Z screen cracked in pocket

In the UK the responsiblity lies with the retailer you bought the product from and that's where you should go, if there is a manufacturing defect they have to help you by law, they cannot fob you off to the manufacturer.

One time poster
Message 234 of 578
Message 234 of 578

happens to my Xperia Z too..i put the phone in my pocket and as i take it out the screen didn't respond to touch..and then i realise there's a crack on the screen. I immidietly went to sony centre but they told me screen crack is not under warranty..need to pay RM800~USD240.. i am pretty sure i didn't bump the phone on anything.. EXPERIA Z n Sony SUCKS..feels like being cheated

Talent
Message 235 of 578
Message 235 of 578

Many here can i ask question. Have your z is have protected casing?? before happening that?
One time poster
Message 236 of 578
Message 236 of 578

My Xperia Z didn't cracked in the pocket or felt somewhere, it just cracked. I am convinced that this is happen due to lack of screen material quality and nothing else. Service company gave me an offer of 400 Euro to repair, but I'm not going to repair it, I'll rather buy a new Huawei..

TH
One time poster
Message 237 of 578
Message 237 of 578

My Xperia Z cracked in a pocket yesterday. I always carried my Iphones that way with no problem, but I guess since the Xperia Z is bigger and thinner it cracks if you dont carry it like you carry a tablet.

One time poster
Message 238 of 578
Message 238 of 578

In my pocket took it out to answer call and no response only after 1/2 hour of wondering what was wrong with phone did I notice the hairline crack. Sent to Sony who passed it to SBE, 2 weeks later! I get my  repair report through from SBE, £230!!

Really, really angry about this issue and have had a very heated conversation with Sony on this. They are completely refusing to acknowledge the volume of similar report cases and refuse to admit this is a generic fault. Much to coincidental for this problem to not be related.Also why is it that SBE (the repairer) is making a decision on Sony behalf with regards repair and sending me a bill, which I must pay them before they return my phone? My legal contract under warranty is with Sony not SBE. Sony should be the ones notifying me of the costs and the reasons! I have asked for an escaleted full report on reasons for non repair from Sony fbefore  I escalate legally. Completely unacceptable!

One time poster
Message 239 of 578
Message 239 of 578

Got exact same issue X2 on my Xperia Z

1st crack, on the back screen while in my front pocket watching tv (gps navigation was left on), Felt it burning my leg, took it out to discover it was cracked on the back bottom left, Tried to take it to carphone warehouse, but they passed me around stores so much i gave up.

2nd crack, exact same as many here, top right corner on front, stopping the touch screen working. this happened while being charged on my desk! I had made a call, put phone onto charge, when i lifted the phone 15 mins later the touchscreen was unresponsive then noticed the small cracks. spoke to a store guy who said it will have to be sent away for repair, and will automatically claim its user damage due to glass being cracked.

Anyone had any sucess with sony with this?

One time poster
Message 240 of 578
Message 240 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Same thing happened to me, in the hour and a half it took me to pour a concrete slab, I was now the proud owner of a unexplained hairline crack rendering my state of the art phone useless. Have messaged sony to replace what is clearly a faulty phone. If not, i'll be creating a facebook page to make people aware that sony are selling faulty phones, and apparently don't seem to care!! I think these should be taken off the market until the problem is rectified and victims of these duds should be compensated with the z1, which hopefully doesn't share the same problem.!!!

One time poster
Message 241 of 578
Message 241 of 578

My phone did the exact same thing. Just sitting there watching a movie, and the front screen cracked. I can't even unlock my phone due to the touchscreen not working anymore. Tried contacting Sony and they told me its been under force or pressure and won't replace it. The phone isn't even 1 month old.

Visitor
Message 242 of 578
Message 242 of 578

I have tried to speak to Sony Xperia support in Denmark but I'm getting nowhere!

They told me to send it to their service center in Denmark, so I called them and they told me that the tecnicians automaticcaly would say "Physical damage" when it has a crack in the glass (across the back). And of course they charge a fee and shipping costs to give me my phone back.

So I'm kinda stuck.

Has anybody had any luck sending it in for repairs with a crack in the glass? My phone hasn't got a single scratch or mark or anything, it's in mint condition except for the long crack on the back.