account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Message 213 of 578
Message 213 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

contacted sony through chat and they are now going to send it for a second opinion , and they apparently are not flaws in the phone otherwise they would have recalled the model , yea right Angry Face

looks like i may have to start looking at traading standards and watchdog , but if this is nt resolved in my favour i will NEVER by another sony product

Message 214 of 578
Message 214 of 578

any chance of you forwarding or posting this letter so we can all use it if need be

Rookie
Message 215 of 578
Message 215 of 578

I have been on with SONY CHAT, my phone has been away for a good few weeks for the second opinion and no update yet (so dont hold your breath). I then phoned 3 about the problem and they are passing the buck back to SONY (they dont give a damn about "Supply of goods and service act")

I hate SONY now for their lack of support on useless phones and 3 for lack of customer care.

I'm going back to iPhone and O2.

Rookie
Message 216 of 578
Message 216 of 578

wookiebear. have you a copy of the letter you sent to Phones4U. I want to hit 3 and Sony with it.

One time poster
Message 217 of 578
Message 217 of 578

Here we go guys just fill in yourown details and obviously change the story.

Your Address

Phones4U

Osprey House

CustomerRelations

Ore Close

Lymedale Business Park

Newcastle_under_Lyme

Staffordshire

ST5 9QD

17 July 2013

Ref: Phone IMEI ????????????????????   Mobile No. ?????????????

Dear Phones4U,

Supply of Goods & Services Act 1982 (As amended)

The goods supplied as part of this contract are not of satisfactory quality.

On 23/06/13, I sent back to you a Sony Xperia Z telephone for repair due to the screen getting very hot and unexpectedly cracking whilst watching a video which rendered the phone unusable. I explained to the operator at the time of the request for repair that the phone had not been dropped, crushed or mishandled in any way and that the screen breakage occurred during use which leads me to believe there was a fault with the screen. The operator informed me that the phone would have to be sent off to your repair centre for assessment and I was given a job no. of ??????????????.

I had to chase up your repair centre 5 days later as I was never contacted to explain what was happening with my phone, I had to use your tracking service which informed me someone had tried to contact me even though my phone had never rung or had I received an email. When I spoke to an operator I was informed that the phone screen was cracked due to physical damage and that the repair would cost £199. I explained to the operator again that the phone had not been physically damaged and that it had just broken whilst the device was very hot watching a video but again told there is nothing that can be done due to phone being physically damaged. The phone was sent back to me unrepaired.

Because I never physically damaged the phone I feel as a consumer that I have been fobbed off with the words “physical damage” which seems to be hidden behind as an excuse not to repair my device under warranty. I would like Phones4U to either replace my phone or repair it due to the crack not being caused by physical damage but being caused with a fault with the device becoming either excessively hot or the screen having a manufacturing weakness.

Please respond to my complaint in the next 14 days. If you fail to respond or put the problem right in this time, I will have no option but to consider taking the matter further.

Yours sincerely

?????????????????

God luck all

Rookie
Message 218 of 578
Message 218 of 578

Thanks wookiebear

Visitor
Message 219 of 578
Message 219 of 578

Ok so I have 2 options. I'm waiting for a standard SIM to arrive so I can use my old phone, I can either send the z to Sony as I've logged the job,  or phone p4u and do it that way, any suggestions?

One time poster
Message 220 of 578
Message 220 of 578

i have talked to sony, but they are unwillingly wanting to tell us,

But this is what i found out thanks to the insurance company,

i have to tell that i bought my phone because i was waiting in desire for it,

now iam allready having the 3e phone. because of that stupid tempered glass of them

2 times a sudden crack beeing in my pocket without any stress to the glass,

yes i use the phone like ultimated style, allot i mean. so i geuss it's only for calling,

the glass spontanuasly breaks from the power button upwards to the head speaker. mmmm 2 times a sudden break at the same place without notice, and after the first break i was espacialy carefull.

so no keys, nothing at all except my phone in my pocket.

and i used my insurance claimed the phone, but the phonehouse could not order them not even by shipping. so why is that sony, you did not recalled the phones sold. because of this problem.

but you have put all delivery's on hold (the phonehouse even advertises now) but they cannot deliver except the phones allready sent to the phonehouse in the first place (with the same (&)*^& flaws )

so yes i expect this phone to break 2

and iam really really disappointed about the service from sony. THEY KNOW THE PROBLEM

otherwise they would have continuated with shipments, iam very sorry for the poor english.

but then again i come from holland

sincerly  Pieter jan sprikkelman

One time poster
Message 221 of 578
Message 221 of 578

Sony Xperia Z Screen issue(Cracked on its own within 1 month of purchase)

I bought Sony Xperia Z on 14th july 2013 and handled it with utmost care, did not even overcharge it even once. Today it was working perfectly and all of a sudden i could not unlock my phone(could not draw the pattern) and the phone was functioning properlly 1 min before that.

Then I noticed a fine crack on the screen from bottom to the top.

I talked to sony center about this and they told me that this is a physical damage and not covered under warrenty.Also phone will be replaced with cost of 19450. Then I browsed the internet and found that this is a problem with a lot of users.

I am really disappointed by sony and this is a well known issue now. They should be fixing it or giving refund.

I am pretty sure no one will even think of buying sony phones if this thing happens.

I hope u will take this seriously.

Genius
Message 222 of 578
Message 222 of 578

Re: Sony Xperia Z Screen issue(Cracked on its own within 1 month of purchase)

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. I'm afraid we are unable to comment on what will be covered by warranty without being able to see the handset ourselves here. If you are unhappy with a diagnosis made on the handset by a Sony Service Center, I would recommend that you raise this with your local Xperia Care team directly. Contact details can be found here: http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/contact-info/

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey