account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Apprentice
Message 193 of 578
Message 193 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

another cracked screen here and a hot phone, but, its my rear screen thats cracked in a nice curve near the power button. petition signed thumbsup, facebook page created "xperia z cracked screens" i do think we will have more success in numbers!

Apprentice
Message 194 of 578
Message 194 of 578

crack and dots.jpg here is my crack Slightly smiling Face what i find odd is the 2 little dots shown they are in the inside and you cant feel them so i guess something is touching it on the inside?

One time poster
Message 195 of 578
Message 195 of 578

I am another xperia z user that this has happened to..

I don't even understand why Sony can want £240 for a repair and replace display, battery, case & ear piece.. It is there flagship phone they aren't going to admit they have made a mistake in their design, as they would have to recall any sold and unsold models from the market and customers..

I have gbot my Z on contract with 3 UK and I have made one payment of £34.29 and I am being refused repair as they are suggesting I dropped the handset when I know I did not, it was in my hand it happened out of the ordinary and it cannot be explained. I am very very angry..

One time poster
Message 196 of 578
Message 196 of 578

I had the exactly same problem yesterday!!!

I'm a french guy living in Spain, yesterday after a nice day at the beach i took my phone and couldn't unlock it! Looking really close to the screen i saw a "line" in the inside part of the screen from the bottom left corner to 6/7 cm high on the other side. Again it is just INSIDE when you see the screen you can't see anything, you can see the line just moving the phone...Thinking Face

And then i saw the same thing as Conrod, the back glass is craked the same way (around the on/off, volume stuf)Angry Face

I rode on a french forum that the Xperia Z had this screen problems because of the difference of temperature, i can easily believe that! My phone was inside a leather really soft case so it is impossible that it broke falling or anything else!

it's really bad for Sony that something like this happens and they say that is not there fault!!!

I was really happy with it but now i just want a solution to this and change it!! No way i'm going back on a SonyAngry FaceAngry Face

One time poster
Message 197 of 578
Message 197 of 578

I have the same Issue- my phone got broken on both sides just after 3 weeks. Today I called Sony support in Poland and get the information that I am not the only one with such problem. I was also said that if I send my phone to service, they will reject it - as for now each case like this was rejected because of mechanical damage.So far the problem is not considered as manufacturing defect. I hope something will change soon and we will be able to get our phone working again.

Visitor
Message 198 of 578
Message 198 of 578

I have been in the chat, i send it to Sony and all they say it was my own fault. I did not do it.

It was in my pocket with a protective case, it has not been fallen, not been touched.

Ridicilous repair costs and Sony doenst give a damn. Highly dissapointed in Sony and i will never buy Sony again. 500 euro's flashed away. Thanks

One time poster
Message 199 of 578
Message 199 of 578

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that its not possible that it just cracks. Its not possible by any way that it just cracks.

One time poster
Message 200 of 578
Message 200 of 578

What is going to happen with your petition now that you've got your phone replaced?

Visitor
Message 201 of 578
Message 201 of 578

Hi,

The petition is still going and im still trying to help with everyones issues if i can.

im not letting this drop just because they replaced myphone!

i dont feel confident enough to use it to be honest

One time poster
Message 202 of 578
Message 202 of 578

I had a result with my phone but not with Sony. After contacting trading standards I was informed that I should pursue the company which sold my contract under the "Supply of goods and service act" which was Phones4U. I wrote them a letter stating i intended to take the case further if they did not respond within 2 weeks and 2 days later I had a phone call informing me that they would replace the handset.

I had a brand new in the box phone arrive yesterday. I will keep up with this thread and the petition as I'm not confident it wont happen again.