account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Visitor
Message 103 of 578
Message 103 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Hi sandhyaharidas,

It seems this problem is more wide spread than originally thought.

I had the same response from Sony; however they didnt say I had damaged the phone but that it was not covered under manufacturing warranty. So i get nothing!

Would you mind signing up to the petition? the more people with this problem we find sony might actually do something

http://tinyurl.com/XperiaZPetition

Visitor
Message 104 of 578
Message 104 of 578

GeoffH schrieb:

go buy a Samsung or an iphone and try telling them the screen cracked on it's own -seriously

It is not necessary, the screen of a samsung phone doesnt break by itself Winking Face

GeoffH schrieb:

and you want to be taken seriously and post a link to a guy that claims he damaged an EZ  with a toilet brush - and another of those links clearly shows damage to the frame of the phone - yet it just happened

Ok, that are 2 cases of idiocracy, now count the others and think of the people who doesnt post it on the internet.

GeoffH schrieb:

I have dropped my phone on tiled foor many times - I've seen a car driven over an EZ  and it was undamaged

Can i see a video of the car driving over the EZ? Otherwise it´s just not true!

My S4 was throwed out of a plane which was flying in 10000 feet, fell on a road and a tank rolled over it......... you know..... Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

One time poster
Message 105 of 578
Message 105 of 578

Hi anthUKNE,

Yes the problem seems wide spread, as I found more blog sites highlighting the same issue. I shall sign the petition

Genius
Message 106 of 578
Message 106 of 578

Visitor
Message 107 of 578
Message 107 of 578

an YOU argue over a toiletbrush, sorry but your comment makes my day Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

btw, on the car video, look close, there are no dirt on the Z, it is super clean when he holds it in the camera. and why is the Z always out of the picture when he pick it up and before he zooms in?

just asking

One time poster
Message 108 of 578
Message 108 of 578

I've had similar issue as most people on this thread. I left my Sony Experia Z on charge today, went out to the shop, came back afterwards, and noticed the back screen had cracked. I never dropped it and or hit it against anything, I've been ultra careful with the phone since I bought it three weeks ago.

I don't think I am even going to bother trying to get it fixed on warranty seeing as everyone here has had so much trouble convincing Sony or their network provider that the phone cracking was through no fault of their own. My phone is insured, but making a claim will cost me also.

The crack is at the back, not the front, so I might just ignore it, what do you think? I have a screen protector covering the back, so I am hoping the glass will be held together by the screen protector. Do you think it will be held together? If so, then I will buy a protective case for the phone to cover the back of the phone, so crack at the back will be completely hidden from view.

What are your thoughts on this? Lazy of me, yes I know, but I don't have the time nor the energy to go through hassle with Sony or O2 trying to persuade them the phone cracked by itself, nor to make an insurance claim. The phone works fine otherwise apart from the cracked back, so why not just cover the back and not think about it again?

If a crack ever appears at the FRONT however, it will be a completely different story of course. I'll be doing everything I can to get it repaired. But I have my fingers crossed it will not come to this.

Visitor
Message 109 of 578
Message 109 of 578

Re: Xperia Z screen cracked in pocket

I have the same problem with you, it is a disappointment on XPERIA warranty, yet it is not under warranty and I need to pay roughly RM900 to repair it. Another info from the manager is that even if the phone is leak, there is no warranty too because the phone is water resist but not waterproof..what a bad news...

Visitor
Message 110 of 578
Message 110 of 578

Hey jackieleesk01

Crap situation to be in isn't it, my phone has been gone for ages now and I called Sony on Friday and they still said the same thing that it's been physically damaged by me. The best they've offered me so far is the phone being returned for free...

I like you wasn't originally going to do anything about it but the more i looked at the phone the more it annoyed me! I also gathered that it probably wouldn't be water proof anymore so that compelled me to send it off.

Trading standards / BBC Watchdog seems like it might be the only route.

One time poster
Message 111 of 578
Message 111 of 578

Re: Xperia Z screen cracked in pocket

Yeah same here front pants pocket nothing else in the pocket screen facing in to leg and the screen is cracked on the corner near forward facing camera, phone is about 2 months old, even have gel protector on phone, good phone just not strong, HTC are doing a alloy machined one now. On the bright side with so many screens getting broken they will get cheaper and many phone repair shops will get use to doing them, then i might get one of those solid wood covers from Japan.

Sony just needs to learn "The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten"

Visitor
Message 112 of 578
Message 112 of 578

Just called Sony support again since I'd not heard anything. Apparently the support team had NOT heard back from escallations on Friday (so the chap I spoke to on Friday must have been lieing!). The operator had spoke to escallations whilst I was on hold and the repair centre have said my phone is beyond ecomocial repair and isn't under warranty because I have rooted the phone!?!?!?!

I've not rooted the phone so god knows where this information has come from!? I said have you got my phone mixed up with someone elses and the operator said no?! Why the hell would the repair centre fabricate that i've rooted my handset?!

I don't even know what benefit you would get from doing such a thing?!

I said at somepoint surely fabrication of this sort of thing becomes fraud?

I was told to wait for a phone call from the escallations team to discuss this further and I'm guarenteed a phone call at somepoint today.