account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Adviser
Message 483 of 578
Message 483 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

in my opinion it was caused by water, may be u submerged ur phone couple hours before u noticed the cracks, submerging the phone when its hot is believed to be the 1st reason the screen cracks and the back glass cracks. the other reasons can be the hard things in your pocket or too tight pocket.
Learner
Message 484 of 578
Message 484 of 578

After walking from the shops with nothing else in my pocket I took my Xperia Z out of my pocket to find a crack across the screen. After a bit of searching I've found this is a common problem.

I wasn't jumping or stretching or doing anything physical which would have caused the screen to crack under stress.

Coincidently a friend also suffered the same problem last week.

The crack on both of our phones started in the same place, right next to the power button.

Luckily the crack on my phone went straight across, and only affects the top 1/3 of the screen. But the crack on my friends phone went downwards which means he can't take off the screen lock.

It's obviously a design flaw from making the phone so slim.

I'm sending off my phone to Sony tomorrow, but I'm not holding out much hope that they will repair under warranty...but you never know.

Visitor
Message 485 of 578
Message 485 of 578

Having exactly same issue with my Z1, even though have "premium" insurance it's not covered. If you can't say specifically how your phone was damaged it's not insured against damage. Am going through official complaint with Ofcom. Only option as have a phone with cracks that appeared and I don't know how. O2 won't fix it unless I pay and insurance worth diddly squat.

Visitor
Message 486 of 578
Message 486 of 578

Re: Xperia Z screen cracked in pocket

This is exactly how mine looks. Because I don't know how it happened O2 insurance won't cover it and they say have got to pay myself to repair it :-(

Message 487 of 578
Message 487 of 578

even my xperia got cracked when i was shopping and when i took it out of my pocket it had this crack and the screen operates only below the crack...i have been using the phone by rotating it :-( come on sony do something...how can you say its not repairable...i am not willing to pay half the original cost to get a replacement just because you are incapable of repairing it...ANNOYED!!!!!

Learner
Message 488 of 578
Message 488 of 578

Just received a message from Sony Support to say my Xperia Z has been repaired free of charge.

There is hope for others who have experienced the self cracking screen problem,

One time poster
Message 489 of 578
Message 489 of 578

My xperia ZR cracked exactly as seen in the last image on

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/11/08/sony-will-repair-certain-cracked-displays-for-xperia-z-series-s...

It was only 1yr and 1mnth old . 30 k down the drain . Slightly frowning Face . I was an avid fan of xperias . Now i am scared. Why does Sony say shatter proof , when it is so sensitive to touch . It was in my trouser pocket and I got down from the bus and tried to attend a call .. voila .. a crack is there . My screen display is fine but i can't do anything. Sony I am very sad and hurt .

Please do something if you can .

From ,

Pune , India

Visitor
Message 490 of 578
Message 490 of 578

I've had my Z1 which was a refurb replacement from the insurance I got afer loosing the first one for about a month till it cracked last week in my pocket. I never dropped it or had any objects in my pockets at the time and it was in my pocket for about 10 minutes. 

I sent it off to Virgin who even though couldn't tell me what the cause was denied to cover under warranty and even made up a story about the phone showing it had water in it. I personally never put the phone into water, even though it is sold as waterproof. The fact that Virgin are denying it and telling me to pay another 150 for qa replacement is absolut BS!

I wish I never got this crappy phone in the first place. Ive had dozens of phones and this has never happend to any of them.

One time poster
Message 491 of 578
Message 491 of 578

I had exactly the same issue. While waiting at the airport, my Xperia Z screen cracked. After I arrived In Canada, I Call Sony Xperia Care center and they asked me to send the phone ( at my own cost !)

I did, and a full 3 weeks laters, they quoted me 240$ for a screen replacement. After calling them again to complain and explain them that is a manufacturer fault, the operator tol me that there is nothing he could do. The phone has a physical damage, and such a thing is not cover by the warranty. Furthermore, he never actually heard about a self cracked phone, and since this product is sell all over the world, it can't be malfunctionning but it could only be due to a shock.

This is really too bad, the software itself is pretty good, but not worth anything if you can't unlock the screen... As a conclusion ,I will contact a few consumer associations do get my money back, and can only recommend you one thing : NEVER EVER BUY SONY AGAIN ! I had a few Samsung nd never had any issues, but this is the 5thtime now that I have to send my phone to the Xperia (don't) Care service...

One time poster
Message 492 of 578
Message 492 of 578

**Question**

Greetings to the staff of Sony Mobile

I read the sites of fracture Mobile Sony Xperia Z screen guarantee whether the news is true?

Thanks