account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

One time poster
Message 426 of 578
Message 426 of 578

Re: Sony ZR touchscreen glass broken

Same here

i got a hairline crack on the touchpanel on my phone in december

i went to the sony center but the staff is very uncooperative they did'nt even listen to me

though it wasnt my fault,the screen cracked itself the sony centre's people are asking for Rs.16000 straight away.

once i did my software update via PC suite and the wifi was'nt working but the sony employees said that the updates via pc suite does;nt count as they arent official and had a 1/2hr. argument with me about this............

my experience with sony has been Extremely bad.............

please reply and tell me something as im not gonna pay Rs.16000 for a minor repair although the fault was'nt mine....

Visitor
Message 433 of 578
Message 433 of 578

Hello Xperia ZR users!

I am Earl, from the Philippines. First of all, I feel really sorry for the problem that you guys are going through. Anyway, I am planning to buy an xperia ZR perhaps next month. Being a wise customer, I always pay a lot of attention in reviewing user opinion and reviews on every gadget I wish tobuy, particularly with smartphones. My curiosity led me to this thread which kind a freaks me out somehow. I have tested the unit in Sony xperia authorized outlets and I am really inlove with the phone. The price has gone low here in the Philippines and with the specifications the model offers, it is the best deal for my budget and preferrence in smartphones. Back to the issue that some fellas here are experiencing, since this thread is months old, how are you all now with the problem with your ZR? I mean, were you able to find solution to the problem?

To the Sony Xperia Tech Representative, Hi! Slightly smiling Face
I am also hoping that you could give me an honest answer for my question. > Did you ever come across with the same complaint from ZR users who were from the Philippines(alleged - broken screen without physical abuse)? - in any case, snce I can't find one on google, maybe they just chatted with you, sent an email or anything? I can see that most of complainants are from India but I really want to be sure that I won't have the same faith when I buy the unit. Also, is it true that Z-series xperias bought after September 15, 2013 are granted with an exceptional warranty for this kind of problem? If yes, do I need to do anything upon buying the unit to assure that Sony will really honor their words if such problem comes upon me? I read an article about it and one user said that one has to register online first. I would really really appreciate if you could answer my questions. Thanks in advance. Slightly smiling Face

I am a fan of Sony, in fact, most of my gadgets are from Sony. I used to own Xperia U which I loved so much. I sold it because I thought that it is time for an upgrade and I am still considering to do it with Sony.

Have a good one everyone!

One time poster
Message 434 of 578
Message 434 of 578

i was waiting for this phone for months, an highend smartphone highly graded against dust (iam a roadworker)an

so when i bought it and the glass died on me for the first time i was dissapointed and went back to the phonehouse.

sony wasn't complying but my insurance was (for a fee of 50 euros), now it's my 5th phone in a half year.

so i allready paid 4 times my insurrance fee. (200 euro)

so it's definatly an problem of the screen build/assambly. 1 time i believer,,, but 4 times always headed tot the right upside.

even when the crack only occurs within the bezels the phone is completly dead non respondive.

i was wearing it in a car holder,,, with battery at 68% went outside with phone in my hand,,, (-4) and then it cracked,,, (while holding it in my hand, i saw a hair line i tought,,, but a min later the crack went over to the powerbutton,,, and i couldn't do anything anymore.  so where was the missusage,, it wasn't

so yes there are BIGBIG BIG problems with ALL the screens wich are new and tampered glass.

please please sony. go back to your old assambly. i rather have an phone with less schance op failure. i don't trust my phone anymore. thanks you just ruined your reputation of high end.. this phone is nice for a month afther that the antishatterfilm wil sow so much schratches,,, that it just doesn't look nice anymore. so why is it there?:?  the screen was scratch resistence.. but they I GUESS THE SCREEN BROKE IN TESTING SO MUCH THEY THOUGHT ASF WAS A NECCACERY THING

so YES they really really KNOW.

Visitor
Message 435 of 578
Message 435 of 578

Hello Sir!

I feel sorry for you. Your case is big time disappointing.

On the other hand, you mention about -4, did you mean the temperature was -4 degress celsius? Just a theory, I think it actually happened because of sudden change in temperature(-4(freezing) to hand temperature which is mostlikely, warm).
And also, just to clarify, you said it is your 5th phone for half a year, you mean it is your FIFTH XPERIA ZR now? and the previous ones also suffered from the same faith?

Thanks!

Visitor
Message 436 of 578
Message 436 of 578

I had the exactly same problem , all of a sudden crack , a blong single crack appearing on the screen just out of the blue.

Had a tuff time convincing the service center people regarding the same as they were not willing to beleive that the crack had come without any force/drop etc.

then i had to show them the following link:

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCcQFjAA&url=http%3A%...

and make them understand that its not the customers fault here but a manufacturing defect . Though it took a month of support , taking a ticket and consulting support people at xperia care but i am happy that sony has valued its customer.

I thought this was my last smartphone or gadget from sony , since the defect made me beleive that sony might have used poor materials , those not of high standard like gorilla.

But finally after all this sony approved of a replacement . I thought i was loosing around Rs.28k for a use of a phone in just 4 months but thankfully sony didnt let the worse come.

my phone didnt have any scratches/dents or any signs that could show it was manhandled , neither was it , i love my phone and all my gadgets. There was this one long crack on the screen and it was totally unusable since the screen couldnt be unlocked because of the crack. The screen of zr cant be replaced either as regular or service repairs and need service center support in case something happens.

I would also like to thank the service center people at neosa asansol for understanding the problem and taking care of their customer.

To Sony: Thank you, for your after sales support and please make sure you continue the same. I hope i wont have to deal with other manufacturing defects with sony products in the future , but if i do please continue extending ur excellent support after sales so customers come back to you. 

request: please release Kitkat for zr too. waiting for it.

Apprentice
Message 440 of 578
Message 440 of 578

My phone fell down last week and my screen got a crack too.. what is the sept 15th thing? I  brought my phone on september 21st. Does this mean it has a defective screen or something? Some one from sony is surely seeing this posts but not responding

One time poster
Message 469 of 578
Message 469 of 578

after happily using and admiring the experia z for 7 months, now i have joined the prestige club of pitifull sony customer who got a scratch in the sceen not from out side but from the inside. Result: cannot use the screen at all. Resolution throw the phone in garbage bin because can't afford to spend 200 quid to replace the screen of a 280 quid phone.  

One time poster
Message 502 of 578
Message 502 of 578

Hi Arshad, I too facing the same problem, i went to lunch and when i came to desk and abt to do a call. I found that my xperia zr screen got broken. I didn't have any thing inside my pocket apart from mobile. When i consulted Sony service centre. They are asking me to pay half the price of the mobile phone, this is pathetic i already payed 30k bucks for this phone, now i cant afford to pay 15k now. I am planning for a third party touchscreen's , if you are having any regarding this please contact me through my email. Emauil ID:

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 509 of 578
Message 509 of 578

Re: Xperia Z screen cracked in pocket

Hey, 

It is neither pressure or impact with anything. I've had mine for 19 months, used it all day, no falls, no pockets, no nothing.

Called me brother, then set on the table away from the reach of my 19 month old Amés.

Screen cracked at the bottom out of nowhere. I know it sounds ridiculous but... Me Experia topped itself.

I'll post pictures as soon as I charge me spare phone and will post updates on how I fare with repairing / replacing.

Toodles yetis

Message 510 of 578
Message 510 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

My xperia ZR has the same issue. The touch screen cracked on its own. And sony has no interest on acknowledge this issue and admit that its a defect in their material. Hence friends, there is only one way. File a consumer case against sony. I am proceeding for a consumer case. This is the only way.