account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

One time poster
Message 28 of 578
Message 28 of 578

Re: Screen problem (crack?)

Ok.. I really need some help! SONY service for phones in India is wore than pathetic..seems like it is outsourced to some dudheads who do not know what they are talking.. (Services for my Vaio has always been excellent!)

They refused to even look at the phone and listen to the problem - saying its physical damage and is out of their scope..!!

They suggested me to pay about 60% of the cost for a replacement. Clearly if this is what the service centres are instructed, looks like SONY is exploring business opportunities with replacements after goofing up with the design!!!

PLUS - Services for Z is not yet open in India!! I mean you launch a product without any support? I just need sm sensible people to look at it and suggest feasible alternatives..

Other issues I have been facing since day 1

1) It overheats like it has an oven within. A single call and its all heated up. I put it for charge, I let it cool before using it.. now, this is harmful!!

2) Speakers are sad.. way below par.

Not sure if all other owners are experiencing or its may be just my device since I think its faulty..

Emperor
Message 29 of 578
Message 29 of 578

60% sound about right, the Xperia Z's screen it's about $150-200USD if you look around online plus their service fee, now is that ideal, no, other companies (non-apple) have a similar price to replace screens. apple has a different strategy but then again apple has 2 type of screen size and that's that.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 30 of 578
Message 30 of 578

Thanks for the inputs .. I am looking at a back panel and not the screen! does it still cost that much?

Emperor
Message 31 of 578
Message 31 of 578

it seems to be cheaper

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Cover-Sony-Xperia-Z-C6602-L36h-Negra-Black-New-ORIGINAL-Genuine-/161...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 32 of 578
Message 32 of 578

Thanks uli!

Emperor
Message 33 of 578
Message 33 of 578

anytime, let us know how it goes

Genius
Message 34 of 578
Message 34 of 578

Apprentice
Message 324 of 578
Message 324 of 578

Sony ZR touchscreen glass broken

Hello,

I am a sony (&sony ercisson ) customer for last nine years. started from K500i to Xperia ZR.

We did not have direct service centres for a long time and I still love this brand even few phones gt issues,But now i am writing this because of a painful situation.

My sony xperia ZR which is just one month old it's touchscreen glass was found broken when I took out of my pocket.There was nothing in that same pocket other than the phone.A long crack from the bottom to the upright corner.
I have taken it to the Sony service centre in Thrissur,Kerala(India) and the service engineer who took my phone for service (Anoj) is also convinced that it is not happened because of a 'Drop down' or any strong hit.Theres NO any damage to the case or the body of the phone,not even a damaged to the Screen protector which is over the glass.

After waiting today when i contacted the service centre,they told their higher authority (they said chennai) are not allowing it to give me a replacement with warranty and NOT EVEN A REPAIR even if the customer is ready to pay!! And asked them to say it happened because of my fault.When theres NO physicaly any DENTS ,NOR SHATTERING.it is just a long crack from the bottom to the up right corner!!I am so surprised and disappointed about the reply which i got from them.Service centre people said I will have to pay half the price of the phone and they can give me a new phone and they cannot force their superior authority from the customer's side!

What I have read from Sony support pages is If the service centre is convinced and If the damage is not because of a dropping down,it is covered under the warranty.This is painful to get a reply like that because I have spent 29k INR for this Sony product and its just one month old.I cannot afford throwing away this amount.

It is very disappointing they said its not a reapairable phone.I dont believe Sony will make a product which is not repairable.Sony service centre people said its touch screen is not repairable,meanwhile the same touchscreen and display parts are available in Middle east and other countries.I am not here to point my fingure to anybodys fault,But I really need a positive solution.

Hope I will get a positive response from Sony,if it is a problem with the wrong decision they gave me.Please give me a solution as soon as possible,under warranty.

Thanks,
Arshad Aboobacker
Sony Xperia ZR (C5502). IMEI no: 356603051191741
Job number : W113103000866

Apprentice
Message 325 of 578
Message 325 of 578

Re: Sony ZR touchscreen glass broken

The service centre people said.The decision made by some higher authorised person asked them to give me a response that ''IT WAS CUSTOMERS FAULT''(when the service engineer is convinced and mailed the authority). And they dont usually cover the damages like this,when this product has no physical dents on its case,not a pinpoint shatter on the glass.just a long crack! And theres not even a single scratch on this phone.

Hope sony support will provide me a solution.

Enthusiast
Message 327 of 578
Message 327 of 578

Re: Sony ZR touchscreen glass broken

Thats sad to hear. But what i have realized till now is Sony is just trying to cover up their design flaws and manufacturing defects by blaming the customer. I have read many people here reporting the cracked glass problem without subjecting their phones to any kind of physical abuse. Which surely means that its a manufacturing material flaw.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Xperia-z-glass-back-cracked-on-it-s-own/td-p/321733/pag...

But believe me their support and service is worse specially in India.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/WORST-SERVICE-BY-SONY-INDIA/td-p/357228

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Small-spots-on-pictures-while-using-camera/m-p/423789#M...

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Bad-replacement-service-by-sony-India/m-p/427779#M21793

So dont expect much help.