account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Learner
Message 504 of 578
Message 504 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

@manouallou

Learner
Message 505 of 578
Message 505 of 578

Yes! Great news folks. Sony replaced my handset with a new one, not refubrished but brand new! So I assume that if your claim is honest and after they inspect your handset, Sony will replace your handset if you have the single hair-line crack.

I also wrote a nice letter to the support explaining the situation and it seems they have also taken it into consideration. 

I am very happy with the outcome of this. Slightly smiling Face

Sony did stood up to its name.

Rookie
Message 506 of 578
Message 506 of 578

It seems like my case has had the same outcome. I had my Xperia Z3 for less than a month when I discovered a hairline crack in a wave shape across the screen. All I had done is turned a podcast on and put it in my pocket (I was wearing baggy joggers so no pressure was appleid to the screen at all), I pulled it out of my pocket a few minutes later and the screen was unresponsive thanks to the crack.

I sent my phone off to get repaired, fully expecting sony to present me with a massive repair bill. To my delight I recieved an email yesterday saying they were already sending the phone back to me. No details as to whether it's a new/refurbished phone yet, but I suppose I'll find that out when it arrives. 

If your issue is genuine (no accidental damage), then Sony seems to be acknowledging that there is a problem and fixing the affected handsets. 

One time poster
Message 507 of 578
Message 507 of 578

auto crack my phone screen

hello sir ,my name is Mo.Asif khan my phone xperia zr c5502 is automatic 
crack on phone screen Hey I'm not any help at service center plz help me my phone number
is 

Forum Legend
Message 508 of 578
Message 508 of 578

Re: auto crack my phone screen

You need to either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Message 13 of 578
Message 13 of 578

Screen problem (crack?)

There is a crack in the screen of my Experia Z,it's not in the glass but under it,i'm not very technical on phones so how can this happen?it's not been dropped or crushed and there isn't a mark on the outside so i cant understand how it'd happened?

I had iphones for years without breaking a screen but suffered with dirt and water ingress, so when the Experia Z was release it was meant to be the most robust phone on the market and i thought it was for me. Less than 2 months of having the phone i have this problem and Sony have said it's not warranty and i must send it for repair. £480 for a phone that looks like its made from Toffee??

Has anyone else experienced screen trouble?

Emperor
Message 14 of 578
Message 14 of 578

Re: Screen problem (crack?)

can you post a picture, the glass its the digitizer, under it is the screen itself

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 15 of 578
Message 15 of 578

I think its the similar case. My Xperia Z is less than a month old. Yesterday, I put the phone for charging and got some notification sounds a couple of times because of which I immediately removed the charger just to be safe. I then see the back glass cracked from inside very badly. The phone does not seem to be on as well not sure. I am going to the Sony centre now to get it checked. It is absolutely heart breaking to see your brand new dream phone crack with no fault of yours. The reason seems mysterious!!! I am soo disappointed and broken and unable to think of anything else!!! My new phone!!! Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face

Emperor
Message 16 of 578
Message 16 of 578

could you post a picture of the crack?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 17 of 578
Message 17 of 578

IMG00007-20130507-1040.jpgIMG00009-20130507-1041.jpgIMG00008-20130507-1041.jpg

It is not A Crack! Slightly frowning Face many!!.. Please help.. Is it a problem with the Sony charger that caused this? I have not tried to charge the phone after this. Please help. I will go to the local Sony center after a couple of hours.