account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

One time poster
Message 462 of 578
Message 462 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

I had the same issue.  My phone was plugged in being charged, it was really hot, went to check a message and the screen was unresponsive and noticed there was a big crack in the bottom right corner of the screen which was not there before.  I am not impressed as I have babied this thing and have had a case on it since I got it.  Then all of a sudden the screen is cracked out of the blue just sitting on the counter charging.  I have an email into support, but I am not willing to pay for a repair when this was not my fault.  Any suggestions on who I should talk to or how I should proceed?  

EVZ
Visitor
Message 463 of 578
Message 463 of 578

Sony Xperia Z weak screen issue

Using my Xperia Z the other day and realized that a portion of the touch screen was not working.  Took a close look and noticed an extremely fine crack in the screen.  Ive had the phone for 4 months and I'm really upset to see this type of damage occur so easily (never dropped no impacts that I can recall).  I feel that this is a design failure and I am hoping Sony will eventually take responsibility.  So far though it doesn't seem like anyone will and an associate at Bell Canada told me it costs about $300 for the repair! I had an HTC for 2 years and never had an issue - I've also been babying my Xperia because it feels so fragile.  Completely disappointed with the product so far (software is good) and will see what Sony has to say if I can ever get through to them.  Feeling like I should have stuck with HTC and never gone down the Sony road!

One time poster
Message 464 of 578
Message 464 of 578

Hi there, just signed up to express my complaint, power in numbers hopefully for the uk market.. I also have an Xperia z, purchased over the I phone 5 originally for its durability, so called, it's spent it's life in a Xperia z specific leather flip case costing £20 and always had double screen protectors front and rear, I wouldnt say I'm delicate with it, after all it's supposedly durable, but equally I don't go throwing it around and it's never been dropped or similar. Today took it out my pocket to answer a call and screen has single hair line crack running top to bottom in a very slight diagonal rendering the screen useless. I would take a photo to show you but my phone is not only my phone, its my camera, computer, office.. Pretty much everything. If anyones got any advice on how to procced with getting this problem sorted or been through this with ee / phones 4 u / Sony in the uk, it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
One time poster
Message 465 of 578
Message 465 of 578

Same here... happend last week.

My phone was in my front pocket and I went to use it and noticed it wouldn't respond. On closer inspection I could just make out a single hairline crack with not a mark on the protective film.

Went to Vodafone and all they did was check to see if my phone was insured, no mention that the screen cracking of its own accord is a very common problem.

Have contacted the support team and will await a response!

Adviser
Message 466 of 578
Message 466 of 578

Xperia Z (c6603) have a thin windowglass armored with a thinner kind of  clear plastic..., thats all.

I know it, I've dismantled a c6603 in a effort to replace the cracked display, the displayglass is very thin and splits as the thinnest cracker that you eat.... but now Z2 is out and you are persuaded to buy that phone instead.. until you manage to crack it's displayglass...

One time poster
Message 467 of 578
Message 467 of 578

I work for O2 mine has cracked in front of my eyes on the bus, not my screen but right across the back I placed it on the seat in front of me as I took my coat off and it just cracked not happy sony has made a product with massive flaws they need to recall them all in my opinion.
The phone was even on watchdog
Visitor
Message 468 of 578
Message 468 of 578

Hi all, finally after over a year from my issue this problem has been highlighted by the BBC watchdog team!

UK people only please call: 08705 237 237 for a free replacement!

There is more information over on this blog site: http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/05/30/bbcs-watchdog-investigates-xperia-z1-cracking-screen-issue-sony...

Hope this helps!!

I for one know I'll be going straight back to Samsung when my new renewal is due!!!

Message 470 of 578
Message 470 of 578

I am in Australia and I am getting messed around.

Hello Sony, what is the latest with the Sony Xperia Z1 and the screen crack?

I bought the phone through Virgin on a contract, had the phone a mere 3 weeks and the screen literally cracked all by itself! I had been keeping the phone in a secure leather case and had even applied a tempered glass screen protector.
 I am very disappointed Slightly frowning Face I sent the faulty phone back to Virgin nearly 5 weeks ago and they assure me the phone is on it's way back to me but because there is physical damage they did not fix it!!So apparently after sending the phone away to be fixed they are sending it back to me still broken as it is not under warranty because of the physical damage (the crack under the screen protector)! The crack is under the tempered glass screen protector , I have not dropped the phone or scratched or damaged it, it has literally done it itself, therefore I do not feel I should have to pay out more money to fix the faulty product.
Upon investigating the issue further it is quite obvious that is a manufacturing fault as it seem s to of happened to so many people.

Is Sony willing to fix this issue?

Any correspondence on this issue would be greatly appreciated, Thankyou

One time poster
Message 471 of 578
Message 471 of 578

I had my Xperia in my backpack while playing a softball game. My bag was never hit or bumped due to me hanging it on the dugout fence. Nothing came remotely close to it but one game was over I pulled it out of pocket to call my ride and could not operate phone due to a hairline crack running along the screen. I'm not trying to pay $150 to fix something I didn't break only for it too happen again.
One time poster
Message 472 of 578
Message 472 of 578

Does Sony ever look at comments on this forum and gives any solution without us customers being blamed and ending paying for their quality problems?