account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Rookie
Message 427 of 578
Message 427 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

I've spoken to Sony today and they said the phone was received on the 9th and that SBE have sent a quote in the post. I told them to escalate the case as I WILL NOT pay for something that is clearly NOT my fault. I also told them to add the following notes, I WILL be contacting Trading Standards, the Telecommunications Ombudsman, BBC Watchdog and my local MP. I don't understand how a company such as Sony can't or won't accept liability, don't they realise that consumers will move away from their products. I have contacted a few independant mobile repair shops and ALL of them know of this problem.

One time poster
Message 428 of 578
Message 428 of 578

Hello from Israel.

This poor Xperia Z was just 4 days old when I took it out of my bag in an hot israeli summer day and found the screen cracked and touch not working.

Notice the crack signature.

Israeli warrenty says its my fault and theres nothing they can do about it - Now I'm stuck with a useless device which I can't do anything with.

Gal Weissman

email removed by alexdon - no private info on the forum

Cracked Israeli Xperia Z Screen

One time poster
Message 429 of 578
Message 429 of 578

For those of you who need to access info on your phone, but can't because the screen is cracked, here is a solution;

Plug a USB OTG cable into the mini USB slot on your phone then plug a USB mouse into the other end of the cable. You can now use your mouse to do anything your finger would have done on the screen. You can even connect a USB keyboard if you like. Its just like having a desktop PC again. You can even connect a USB memory stick if you want and play movies from it or transfer your photos to it - es explorer is good for this.

You can buy the USB OTG cables for around £1.20 off Amazon inc postage.

Alternatively you can do this using Bluetooth keyboard if you have one.

Hope this helps.:-) 

One time poster
Message 430 of 578
Message 430 of 578

Xperia itself cracked screens. We want is an official statement that this IS a product fault

Dear Sony,

Three weeks my Sony Xperia Z was lying on the desk. Suddenly I heard a strange noise. I thought that it might be the phone's speaker. But it wasn't. I could not unlock it, and didn't know why. After a few minutes I examined a hairline crack on my screen  which I didn't have for sure as I use my phone in cases and pockets. So i searched the forums and I discovered that I'm not alone with this problem. I had my phone on warranty and the polish service said that it is due to misuse. I was really concerned about it, cause i treated the phone like a baby. All of the community wants an official statement that it is a manufacturing problem. I'll give you some links to the petition and to Xperia blog where it was rumoured that you will repair those kinds of cracks. 

The blog:  http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/11/08/sony-will-repair-certain-cracked-displays-for-xperia-z-series-s...

The petition: http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/sony-we-want-you-to-admit-that-the-xperiaz-has-a-major-over-he...

There is even a Facebook page regarded to this. : https://m.facebook.com/pages/Xperia-Z-Cracked-Screens/370754419718137?id=370754419718137&refsrc=http...

We are waiting for Sony official statement about this issue.

Rookie
Message 431 of 578
Message 431 of 578

Re: Xperia itself cracked screens. We want is an official statement that this IS a product fault

Update:

i had a call from the escalations team and they have had my phone repaired UNDER WARRANTY. I  knew I wasn't getting anywhere by quoting Trading standards or by saying that I would go to BBC Watchdog but as soon as I said that I would contact my local MP, their attitude changed. I've now got my phone back. Anyone want a fully repaired Xperia Z in purple, I'll do a good price.:smileysmileywink:

One time poster
Message 432 of 578
Message 432 of 578

My screen cracked by itself

Hello,

My Xperia Z was on a table, in front of me when the screen cracked by itself. I didn't dropped it or anything but I had already noticed a few times that my phone was really hot. I sent it back to swisscom and they told me the guarantee wasn't going to work. Many other users had this problem and it seems that it is a problem with many Xperia Z. I won't pay anything for something I'm not responsible. How can you help me ?

Best regards,

Cécile

One time poster
Message 437 of 578
Message 437 of 578

hi ive had same problem with my screen never been dropped and been in a sony case since day one i was advised to send my phone away for repair so i did and today got quotation for repair of over £200 so contacted them again and explained what happened and said i believe other people been having same problems so why is it not repaired free they told me they havent had any problems but now ive just found their own forum with people complaining of same fault i have sent email to sony uk on this issue ill keep you in formed of result

Visitor
Message 438 of 578
Message 438 of 578

GLass cracked on it own. SONY wont replace

SONY, Im VERY unhappy with my Xperia Z, After having it only a month the screen cracked by itself from being outside in the hot, to then taking it into cold air conditioning. It was only 1 hairline crack but only half the screen works.
I was told by SONY to send it to FoneBiz on the 14th JAN, Only TODAY I rung to find to out what happened to it as Ive no emails/calls from anyone. I was told that Fonebiz wouldn't fix it and it was then sent to SONY who have just quoted me $420 to fix it !
They are only $600 new these days.
Now Im really annoyed as I didnt break it in the first place and I have loads of links to prove that the Xperia Z is faulty in the screens.
http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/5204/own-an-xperia-z-with-a-cracked-glass-sony-might-repair-it-for-f...

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Xperia-z-glass-back-cracked-on-it-s-own/td-p/321733

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/11/08/sony-will-repair-certain-cracked-displays-for-xperia-z-series-s...

I originally sent my phone into Vodafone, which they wouldn't replace either and it came back even more damaged, they wouldn't admit it.

Ive had nothing but trouble with this phone and will NEVER purchase a SONY product ever again & will tell people not to buy your products in future. I now have a new $600 door stopper thanks to SONY.

Visitor
Message 439 of 578
Message 439 of 578

If I had known this was such a problem with these phones I would have gotten full coverage through T-Mobile when I got the phone. I just sent mine out Monday afternoon and they should have it by Thursday.. Can't wait to hear the bill.. Face with stuck-out Tongue

gu
Visitor
Message 441 of 578
Message 441 of 578

Re: Xperia z Screen Crack Tips

i bought a few months ago sony xperia z in local shop, yesterday when i took my xperia from pocket there was small like scratch on the front panel finally which become in big crack, so i took it back to the seller but they said that warranty does not works in this situationSlightly frowning Face then i checked and find out that i am not first wit the same problem so finally i discovered this blogpost: http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/11/08/sony-will-repair-certain-cracked-displays-for-xperia-z-series-s... i am interesting in this information is it truth or not and is some warranty available for me or not? if you could help me i will be very appreciated thank's anywaySlightly smiling Face