account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Message 375 of 578
Message 375 of 578

Re: Xperia Z screen cracked in pocket

By the way, now that my screen is broken and locked I can't access any of my contacts, pictures, or notes which is where I keep all of my work hours as I am a contractor. Now that I can't access my work hours, it's going to be very interesting getting paid for the last 2 weeks!!!!

Has anyone figured out how to access their files on their phone with a cracked and unresponsive screen??? I plugges it into my PC but since I can't unlock the phone none of the files appear...it shows it as an empty phone.

One time poster
Message 376 of 578
Message 376 of 578

broken screen

i got the ZL it went on a bump only 3 months old

i got the Z 4 days and screen cracked

this is rediculous alot of waste of time and nonsence

to get fixed

very very disappointed and will tell my friends to please do not but sony smartpones they are not worth he headache

Visitor
Message 377 of 578
Message 377 of 578

Re: broken screen

dont know how you people are braking them, im a trademan and carry mine in my pcoket, it gets dropped biffed and bashed around and not broken! 

have owned it since they first released them and no problems

seriously what are you people doing :/

Visitor
Message 378 of 578
Message 378 of 578

Re: broken screen

my screen broke by its own! in my POCKET! without anything else inside? how durable is that? now i have to pay RM1000 just to fix the overpromising promotion???

Commissioner
Message 379 of 578
Message 379 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/11/08/sony-will-repair-certain-cracked-displays-for-xperia-z-series-s... just throw this link on the serviceman's face...
That was official Sony blog
Commissioner
Message 380 of 578
Message 380 of 578

And what's kudo?
One time poster
Message 381 of 578
Message 381 of 578

I had this phone for 3 weeks and there's already a hairline crack that Sony said they won't repair! Check this FB site out, there's lots more people out there!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xperia-Z-Cracked-Screens/370754419718137?fref=ts

Apprentice
Message 382 of 578
Message 382 of 578

I have just had exactly the same problem, had the phone in my pocket like I have done for the last four months and found the phone did not work, I cannot unlock the phone or enter the PIN. On further investigation, after removing the screen protector, I noticed two hairline cracks coming from the  right hand side of the screen. The phone has never been dropped or bashed. Have been to the Vodafone shop and they have said they cannot do anything and it will cost £190 to repair. Have spoken to Sony and they have asked me to send it in so an engineer can 'assess' it. After looking at all of the blogs I am not confident they will resolve anything and I will be stuck with a useless phone with 18 months left on the contract...... If anyone has had any joy getting theirs fixed please can they let me know.

One time poster
Message 383 of 578
Message 383 of 578

Sony you need to step forward and fix this issue. No damage to a phone other than a crack under the glass!!!!!!! Not dropped never even put in a pocket. I have babied this phone. I woke up took my phone off the charger turned it on and literally saw a crack appear under the glass while in my hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me. This is unreal. Personally I feel this is a faulty product You need to recall all of these phones and fix the issue. I love sony and I am dissapointed and I will never buy another phone from you all ever!

Learner
Message 385 of 578
Message 385 of 578

Im so angry with sony and this phone.. ive had it for 3 months only. On th 6th of december I WAS MAKING A PHONECALL and the screen cracked.. just broke itself. After doing some research it seams there are thousands of other people with the same issue good luck if you buy this piece of rubbish . I now have to send it off to sony who are gonna tell me that some how it was my own fault even though I was using the phone for what it was intended for ..I.e phonecalls. What a load of rubbish !