account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Apprentice
Message 363 of 578
Message 363 of 578

Re: Xperia Z screen cracked in pocket

It is not just xperia Z.

XPERIA ZR TOO!!!! 

I remember once DELL called all the faulty batteries of their lattitude laptop series in India few years back and replaced it for free as they wer not givin g enough back up.And earned the respect and credibility of the customers.That is what I call a CUSTOMER SERVICE.

As my phone has no scratches,dents,shattering.Just a crack from the bottom to the up right corner.The service centre people told,the company wont allow to claim it.And as they said,it was rejected. I tried complaining here in the NON-SUPPORT XPERIA CARE(S NOTHING). Nothing happened.

I mailed to the service head.And got a reply they will inspect the phone.and after one week the reply the sent was so funny.

That sony is making a phone which is not repairable and if its repaired ,the screen itself would cost more than the phones price.So ask me to EXCHANGE my phone with 50 percentage of the phones price. (Only the glass is broken.so they are gettin a phone back and another 16000 bucks!) and will provide a new one (which will simply break and i wll be blamed again). We should appreciate Sony for selling us a phone in a price which is cheaper than just the touchscreen glass.wow! 

Touchscreen and the display together is available in some countries (middle east) for 600 dhms.that is 11000 bucks and here in India,they say it cannot be replaced (when local service centres do it in other countries), and it would cost more than the phone's price! what a logic! you beta slap us than fooling for paying you 30000 rupees and buying this NO WARRANTY phone.

THE FUNNIEST PART of the story is. the reply i got atlast was,they cannot give warranty because it is damaged by the customer. Right today when i contacted the service centre,engineer said.nobody inspected it after him.Nothing happened.

And the blabbermouth mail I got was amazing.saying politely SIMPLY FK OFF.YOUR MONEY IS GONE!

Apprentice
Message 364 of 578
Message 364 of 578

I was wondering why they are not spamming people who are complaining about their faults here.

WE ALL STUPIDS WHO BOUGHT THESE PHONES ARE JUST BLABBERING HERE IN SONY'S ROOM.

NOT DOING THIS OUTSIDE.SO THEY SAVE THEIR OWN BACK ! FOOLED AGAIN!?

Apprentice
Message 365 of 578
Message 365 of 578

AND YEAH.

A NEWS YOU PEOPLE WOULD BE INTRESTED TO HEAR.

SONY IS GONNA GIVE WARRANTY FOR SELF BREAKING GLASSES Face with stuck-out Tongue FROM DECEMBER 7TH.

AND ONLY FOR THE PHONES SELLING AFTA 7TH.

SO WHAT ABOUT US?

MJ WAS RIGHT!!

ALL I WANNA SAY S THAT THEY DONT REALLY CARE ABOUT US!!

One time poster
Message 367 of 578
Message 367 of 578

Re: Sony Xperia Z Screen issue(Cracked on its own within 1 month of purchase)

same problem for me i bought it on spetember 5th 2013 toch was broken when its in my pocket display everthing else was fine,contacted son sercive,they told me physical warranty damage only covers from 15th september,hows this fair,or they also told me that i have to pay 17500 and they will provide me a new mobile..i think sony should look into this problem seriously or else i will file a case on sony

Visitor
Message 368 of 578
Message 368 of 578

use moboengine software for data retrieval

Visitor
Message 369 of 578
Message 369 of 578

are tgere any sony official store in pakistan for the repair service , i mean satistfactory repair servic

Visitor
Message 370 of 578
Message 370 of 578

Another person to jump on the Xperia-hating bandwagon. My much-loved, never-dropped Xperia developed cracks one day without logical explanations! The screen is totally unresponsive now and has rendered the phone useless. I took it to the carrier first (Vodafone) - they deemed it as physical damage and could do nothing for me. Next, I contacted Xperia Care. The nice woman asked me if I had dropped it and when I said No, she simply directed me to their local authorised repair centre. They quoted me AUD 450 for LCD replacement which will have to be carried out interstate!!IMAG0329.jpg

I can buy a new Xperia Z for AUD 530!! Local mobile phone repairers have quoted me between $250-$350 but not all can guaranty water resistance post repair! Not sure if I should hold out any longer to see if Sony changes their appaling treatment of customers regarding a known issue or if I should go ahead with the non-authorised repair which will void my (useless) warranty. I have been a strong advocate for Sony products for the last 6 months and have recommended them to everyone I know. I will, from now on, be spreading the word about Sony's flimsy devices that break for no apparent reason leaving you with a huge repair bill.

Visitor
Message 371 of 578
Message 371 of 578

P.S. If the screen is susceptible to cracking from pressure, we should be made aware of that by Sony. I have been carrying my phones around in pockets for well over a decade and have never had such issues before!

Learner
Message 372 of 578
Message 372 of 578

I'm filing a small claims against Telephonica/O2 tomorrow. They sold me the phone so I have to sue them. If enough people put pressure on the mobile phone companies, they in turn will put pressure on Sony.

I will also be contacting the Consumers Associaton. Sony's disdain for customers after taking money for a sub standard product is scandalous.

Message 374 of 578
Message 374 of 578

My phone which I very much liked, until today, was working fine this morning. I put it in my pocket as usual and went about my day, then went to check my messages on my phone but couldn't unlock the screen. I then noticed a small crack on the front screen about 1.5" from the bottom directly on the left edge of the phone. I know for certain that I didn't drop the phone throughout the course of the day or bang into anything. I'm always very careful with my electronics and have been especially careful with my nice shiny new 3 month old Xperia Z.

I went to  the Bell store I purchased my phone from and they notified my that Sony wouldn't repair the phone under the warranty I have since it would be deemed that I was at fault for the screen cracking. I told the rep at Bell I didn't do anything to the phone to cause it to crack, yet they said it didn't matter Sony wouldn't believe my story and that the repair would cost roughly $200. I was told by the rep that I could fix it through a third party but then my "warranty", which covers manufacturers defects (hence should cover this defect), would be void. I haven't yet called Sony or been into one of their stores but after reading all of these postings I'm very worried I'll be treated as poorly as everyone else here has been.

I'm not going to give up so easily. I spent good money on this new phone that is marketed as a durable phone "whatever proof" I believe was the exact Sony put it. I've never had a phone that has cracked before...in fact I still have all of my old phones that still work, and were only retired because I wanted a newer superior phone. Now I'm wishing I stuck with my Blackberry! Wow what a statement. I hope Sony does something to help me out. I'll let you all know the outcome of my issue.

An ex-Sony promoter and consumer?