account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

One time poster
Message 323 of 578
Message 323 of 578

Re: Sony Xperia Z Screen issue(Cracked on its own within 1 month of purchase)

Mine did the same thing today. was working fine. then 1 hour later the touch screen will not work. I could not even answer the call that was coming in. When exposed to bright light I can see a small crack in the screen that is speading. Did not drop it or anything. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who can afford to fix or get another one. What do I do???????? I lost my job and cant even pay my mortgage. Im having a nervous breakdown

Visitor
Message 326 of 578
Message 326 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

I've just had this exact same problem with my 4-month old Xperia UL.  Last night I pulled my phone from my pocket and found the touch screen was completely unresponsive.  When I got it home, I looked more closely, and there are cracks across the entire top face of the screen orginating about 1cm above the power switch.  My phone was enclosed in a rubber protective case.  It has never been dropped.  There was nothing else in my pocket with the phone.  And, at no point did anything impact the phone while it was in my pocket.  I searched Google for this problem, and there are many other people with this exact same situation all over, all around the world.  Sony is going to have to own up to the fact that this is a manufacturing defect and not just a clumsy bunch of people who all happened to buy the same model of phone.

One time poster
Message 334 of 578
Message 334 of 578

I too have this same problem. Top half of the screen has 4 shattered parts and I've only have the phone 3 months! Itoo was really pleased with this phone at first but the performance and battery life keep diminishing and now it's barely operational. I'm very interested in filing a complaint and law suit too as this is an expensive product and shouldn't be this prone to malfunctioning so soon.

Visitor
Message 336 of 578
Message 336 of 578

Hello all,

I am sorry to say I have the same issue but (and in this I feel lucky) mine took 2 months before it cracked! I protected the screen from the outset and put the phone in a heavy duty case, the phone has never been subjected to force, vibration or any other form of mechanical trauma, it was sitting on the table, I picked it up to make a text and hey presto it was unusable, I only noticed a fine hairline crack after I saw it reflecting in the light.

The phone does get hot in certain circumstances and my belief (or hypothesis as I am an engineer) is that this causes distortion to the screen and eventually the screen fails. I have signed the petition on this forum and would urge anyone else to do the same.

I am at the moment awaiting Vodafone to contact me as I am disputing the repair cost, they say it is accidental damage and not covered, I say it is a flaw from manufacture and needs to be repaired under warranty.

I am very interested in joining and class action lawsuit, could someone let me know how to contact those concerned.

Visitor
Message 337 of 578
Message 337 of 578

Ugg, Mine cracked today as well, all fine in the office, unplugged to go outside for my lunch so the phone was held the whole time, not even put in my pocket, as i got outside the phone rang so i swipe to take the call to find out i can't, so i keep swiping still nothing. The sun hits it and i can see a crack from top right to bottom left under the screen protector.

The phone is now useless and the only thing i can do is send it off to o2, they said if it looks like it hasn't been dropped or bend then they will replace it. 

I bet i will get a call after a few days say i have a huge bill. Hopefully not. Now without a phone for however long it takes.

Looking on this site i am not alone. Come on Sony i thought you looked after your clients Slightly frowning Face poor

Visitor
Message 338 of 578
Message 338 of 578

Yep this has just happened to me today, phone o2  also and i bet they will blame it on me

Enthusiast
Message 339 of 578
Message 339 of 578

Guys don't you think Sony knows this. And so does their service centers world wide. They are just dusting off the issue off their shoulders by blaming the customers. And believe me their service is pathetic. And so is xperia z. Leave the cracked glass issue in which they falsely blame the customer and take it off warranty, even for other manufacturing defects where they have no opportunity to blame the customer and take the device out of warranty and are liable for replacement, their harassment actually starts after they accept and keep you waiting for replacement.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Sony-Support-Center-in-Npeal-is-the-worst-one/m-p/43544...

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/WORST-SERVICE-BY-SONY-INDIA/td-p/357228

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Small-spots-on-pictures-while-using-camera/m-p/425681#M...

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Sent-my-Xperia-Z-for-servicing-and-the-worst-happened/m...

So this is SONY now. Make.Believe.Fool.Harass customers. Ha ha ha

One time poster
Message 340 of 578
Message 340 of 578

the same problem i faced last month, what did Sony do in reply?

One time poster
Message 341 of 578
Message 341 of 578

I was having a GREAT day at work. Then comes closing time i start listening to music on my Sony Xperia Z a phone which i loved till now. I have it in my pocket and then take it out to change a song and BOOM out of no where a freaking crack on my screen leaving it inoperable which ruined my whole day. I want my phone exchanged at a local sony store especially after reading all the other users with the same problem. This really made me loose a lot of faith in Sony phones after this. I hope you respond soon before you have a army of pissed customers come to your door.

One time poster
Message 342 of 578
Message 342 of 578

Dear Sony,

I was facing dillema few months back ... Should I buy new Iphone 5 or after very impresive ADS Xperia Z. 

I decided to take something new - becasue I had already iPhone 4 i decided to take Xperia. I must admit ... very good, fast and user friendly phone but ... NOT DURABLE! Not even close to the quality of iPhones - which never led me down. Yet when I was helding Xperia Z I was thinking ... You know thats great phone! ... I was so convinced that it will awesome to have it and after few months Playstation 4 (already had all generations before) ... maybe a new TV set aswell ... everything will be working togheter and I was thinking - that was a good choice.

I WAS WRONG! ... and not because of the phone itself ... but generaly - about SONY and CUSTOMER relationship ... 
Yes my screen has been broken as well ... of course it wasnt my fault at ALL ! ... at night was okay and in the morning screen was broken ! ... I DONT have a CLUE how that happened - becasue when I have connected it for charging - it was all okay ... wasnt broken back then ! ... Yes Sony told me - it was Mechnical fault and it wont be repaired on warranty!

I saw some articles - that iPhone 5s has battery issue ... what they are doing with those Phones ? replacing without even argue ... but only with smile on the face ... But what is doing SONY ? ... SONY gives a sh* about us ... 

And You know SONY ? I WILL NOT BUY any products in the FUTURE of Yours ... EVER ... NEVER ... and my KIDS ... and my Grandkids ... and I will spread this news at least to hundreds of my friends ... repeatly saying ... how I was treathed. 

Dear Sony ... I WAS YOUR CLIENT... But I will never be AGAIN - Happy Drowning ... by Samsung, Apple, HTC and others ... and my last advice- LEARN from them ... Becasue You lost Your teaching possition long time ago ...