account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Learner
Message 313 of 578
Message 313 of 578

Re: Sony Xperia Z Screen issue(Cracked on its own within 1 month of purchase)

They claim its got tempered glass so why has it cracked tempered glass can't crack it crumbles
Rookie
Message 314 of 578
Message 314 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Well, I have an update on my xperia z.... I had an e-mail a few days ago to say they have received my phone, and got another e-mail today.  Looks like they are going to fix it, but they fail to mention if I will be charged or not. Here's what it says:

Dear Customer,

An additional component is required to complete the repair of your device and currently this component is not available at our UK repair centre. We have however ordered the part and expect this to be delivered over the next few days.

As soon as the part is received it will be assigned to your handset and the repair will be completed as a priority before the handset is returned to you. We can assure you we are committed to resolving this problem with the quickest solution for you and we do apologise for this minor delay.

Best Regards,

Sony Xperia Customer Support
One time poster
Message 315 of 578
Message 315 of 578

Re: Xperia Z screen cracked in pocket

same thing happened to my xperia today, put it in my front pocket for two mins, walked less than twenty yards with it in there, when i pulled it out the screen wouldnt work in the top 2/3 an i saw the cracks which appear to emerge from  a point on the right hand side just above the power on button. going to take it to the shop tomoro and see wat the options are. will be very disapointed if its going to hurt my pocket for a repair. 

Visitor
Message 316 of 578
Message 316 of 578

Re: Xperia z Screen Crack Tips

YES... The screen has just cracked without any outside forces or any dropping of unit or knocking.  It is annoying that this has happened for absolutely no reason at all.  I am pursuing this at the moment because it is DEINITELY a manufacturing fault and it is the principle of it.   I can afford to buy another phone so it is absolute Bxllxxks to suggest that we are all lying in order to get a free phone or repair for something we know we have done.  Because we are not responsible for the screen crack with suddeny appears on our phones and if you look at the crack it us under the screen in a very faint line on an otherwise mint condition phone which was working perfectly well beorehand. For those of us it has happened to we know we are not LIARS !!!! OK ??????

Learner
Message 317 of 578
Message 317 of 578

Same problem with me got mine from chitterchatter they didn't want to know just said they would send it to Sony
One time poster
Message 318 of 578
Message 318 of 578

Yeah having the same issue too. Put the phone back in my pocket after sending a txt only to get it out to see the reply and find a hairline cracked screen (behind the glass). Sony is a joke. Don't want to know about the issue. Last product of there's I'l be buying.

One time poster
Message 319 of 578
Message 319 of 578

Same problems with my phone all pocket related I have had my contract now for 6 months running with EE and have had 4 phones due to cracked front screen. First time I had no clue how it happened it was fine when I put it in my pocket two minutes later I tried to answer a phone call and dirty crack through the centre. Each phone same sort of issue I contacted sony by the third phone with the tech guy assured me there was no issue as the phones come with gorilla glass which is the strongest glass they do! So yet another insurance expense. So if the screens are strong SONY then how come I have had four phones in six months at the expense of 25 pound insurance claims per phone £100 pound in case sony can't do the math Gorilla glass my sort it out I no you have lost my custom next contract I'll never buy another sony phone again

Visitor
Message 320 of 578
Message 320 of 578

Hi.

I had the exact same problem. I bought the new Zr when it came out and owned it for 5 days. The glass broke during the night when it charged in the dock. It was a fine thin crack and it made the phone completely useless. So I took the phone to the dealer who CONFIRMED that it wasn`t my fault and their expertise said that the glass broke from the inside out. They sent the phone to Sony and ther expertise said it`s my fault, that they have found physical damage (which isn`t true at all).

As I have been reading these comments about cracked glasses and that Sony isn`t doing anything, i realise that there isn`t much hope for my case either. So the repairs are 180 euros. Im willing to pay for it, BUT I have just one question, before i pay the man.

WILL IT HOLD? When the repairs are done, will the new glass hold or will it happen again in the near future?

It`s dissapointing enough to have paid such amount to get the phone, that works only for five days, now the repairs. I just need to be sure that it`s worth the money.

Visitor
Message 321 of 578
Message 321 of 578

Hi.

I had the exact same problem. I bought the new Zr when it came out and owned it for 5 days. The glass broke during the night when it charged in the dock. It was a fine thin crack and it made the phone completely useless. So I took the phone to the dealer who CONFIRMED that it wasn`t my fault and their expertise said that the glass broke from the inside out. They sent the phone to Sony and ther expertise said it`s my fault, that they have found physical damage (which isn`t true at all).

As I have been reading these comments about cracked glasses and that Sony isn`t doing anything, i realise that there isn`t much hope for my case either. So the repairs are 180 euros. Im willing to pay for it, BUT I have just one question, before i pay the man.

WILL IT HOLD? When the repairs are done, will the new glass hold or will it happen again in the near future?

It`s dissapointing enough to have paid such amount to get the phone, that works only for five days, now the repairs. I just need to be sure that it`s worth the money.

One time poster
Message 322 of 578
Message 322 of 578

cracked back of my new sony xperia z

one fine morning i wake up only to find a huge crack on the back of my phone.. and i absolutely don't recall dropping it or something like that. i contacted the sony xperia service centre in nagpur, india only to be blamed of breaking the phone. apparently i broke my phone so warrenty is now void (my phone is just 4 months old). hugely disappointed with sony. never buying any of its products again.