account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Rookie
Message 293 of 578
Message 293 of 578

Re: Xperia Z screen cracked in pocket

And still no sign of the alleded email.

One time poster
Message 294 of 578
Message 294 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

I have expeienced another case of the glass cracking on its own - phone was inside a padded back, which was in turn inside anothr bag. The bags were not subjected to any stress, strain or schock. When taken out the glass is cracked and the touch screen facility won't function.

Rea
Adviser
Message 295 of 578
Message 295 of 578

Sony is too disgusting of a company to move its corrupt **bleep** on its own. This goes up to the management. Suzuki and other pricks included. The company knows very well that it made a 3rd rate product. And they feel the customer base is comprised

predominantly of sheep, who will go away. 

1. Make a report to local and regional watchdog

2. Sign the petition https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/sony-we-want-you-to-admit-that-the-xperiaz-has-a-major-over-h...

3. Email your national mobile operators and retailers, 

because they can and should press Sony

4. Email review and news sites, media and authors. 

Cnet, Endgadet, Guardiam, Daily mail, etc

5. Make sure everyone you know, knows what a rotten company this is

6. Make sure, potential Z1 buyers know about this issue and that the 

Z1 uses same construction and materials and that Sony does not

support their product once sold...

But of parties which have most leverage over Sony, mobile operators, retailers, watchdogs and

media are on top of the list, so make sure they know. It is BIZZARE that Vodafone, O2 and

other operators are as impotent in their relationship with Sony. They used to have more

influence... Just weird...

And the Dutch consumer watchdog publicly warned Sony to pull their corrupt head out of their stupid and

admit their flaws and repair or replace the cracked screens/phones... And push more and more.

If you don't, well, that is how sheep are trained and created. 

http://www.telecompaper.com/news/nl-consumer-org-gets-many-complaints-about-sony-xperia-z--968151

Rea
Adviser
Message 296 of 578
Message 296 of 578

Just pasting it here also:

Sony is too disgusting of a company to move its corrupt **bleep** on its own. This goes up to the management. Suzuki and other pricks included. The company knows very well that it made a 3rd rate product. And they feel the customer base is comprised

predominantly of sheep, who will go away.

1. Make a report to local and regional watchdog

2. Sign the petition https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/sony-we-want-you-to-admit-that-the-xperiaz-has-a-major-over-h...

3. Email your national mobile operators and retailers,

because they can and should press Sony

4. Email review and news sites, media and authors.

Cnet, Endgadet, Guardiam, Daily mail, etc

5. Make sure everyone you know, knows what a rotten company this is

6. Make sure, potential Z1 buyers know about this issue and that the

Z1 uses same construction and materials and that Sony does not

support their product once sold...

But of parties which have most leverage over Sony, mobile operators, retailers, watchdogs and

media are on top of the list, so make sure they know. It is BIZZARE that Vodafone, O2 and

other operators are as impotent in their relationship with Sony. They used to have more

influence... Just weird...

And the Dutch consumer watchdog publicly warned Sony to pull their corrupt head out of their stupid **bleep** and

admit their flaws and repair or replace the cracked screens/phones... And push more and more.

If you don't, well, that is how sheep are trained and created.

http://www.telecompaper.com/news/nl-consumer-org-gets-many-complaints-about-sony-xperia-z--968151

One time poster
Message 297 of 578
Message 297 of 578

my screen dosent seem to be cracked, its looks  cracked behind the screen which occurred whilst charging on a worktop

Adept
Message 298 of 578
Message 298 of 578

Yes, you have this issue. You will not feel the crack on the surface of the screen since there is a "foil" over it.

Typically, part of the screen will not be responsive to touch now. Wellcome to the Sony Xperience.. 

Sad to say you won't like it.

One time poster
Message 299 of 578
Message 299 of 578

Re: Sony Xperia Z Screen issue(Cracked on its own within 1 month of purchase)

i have also just got this phone first thing i done was put on a case and screen protector to keep the phone in top notch condition i had just made a phone call and the phone was fine i put the phone into my pocket and got a text 2 mins later i pull out my phone and theirs a fine crack on my screen so i cant use it 

i do have insuranse for this but still wasting my time as the screen is way to fragil 

sorry for spelling and grammer Slightly frowning Face 

One time poster
Message 300 of 578
Message 300 of 578

I've had a very similar experience last Thursday (the 10th of Oct 2013) I had the phone in my pocket, at approximately 11:00 the phone was fine as I use it to try to make a call, later about 12:00 I couldn't unlock my phone and after about 5 minuets I realised there is a hair line crack down the screen rendering the phone unusable.

I did not apply undue pressure on it, did not sit on it, drop it or any of the above.  I'm very unimpressed with it's performance in what can only be described as normal circumstances for a phone.

Isn't it interesting that the frame round the new experia Z1 is thicker, almost like they are tryin to reduce torsion effects

One time poster
Message 301 of 578
Message 301 of 578

Hi there......have also just experienced my Xperia Z cracking its own screen. Kept in my front jeans pocket..in a protective pouch, without keys, coins etc..... Has never been dropped or abused. Contacted supplier, but told a cracked screen normally came under physical damage. Only had the phone six months....and loved it. SONY PLEASE HELP US!!!!!!!!!!

Adept
Message 302 of 578
Message 302 of 578

Stop begging. This company is clearly run by douches so unless they are made to fix their flaws, they sure won't. Do as suggested a few posts higher. Notify watchdogs, media, etc.. Only in Netherlands are they fixing the issues because the national consumer watchdog publicly called on them to do so.