account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

One time poster
Message 263 of 578
Message 263 of 578

Re: Sony Xperia Z Screen issue(Cracked on its own within 1 month of purchase)

Sony tell me, what to do if Sony Xperia Care in Poland told me that all cracks on screen are caused by the user. They don't know about similar demages in others Sony Xperia Z, and they have no contact whis Xperia Center in other countries. Why Sony don't send information about similar problems to Xperia Care? How many similar problems have to be that concede that Sony Xperia Z is defective?

One time poster
Message 264 of 578
Message 264 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

same issue. checke de-mails, put in pocket, walked out it had a longitudal crack from side to side and upper part of screen not functioning. SONY store to be some bs how i must;ve not noticed it break and that they can do me a favor and send it to texas and afetr 10 days, shipoing costs and $280 i can have it back... fyi, my prev iphone actually fell flat on floor, broek badly and i used it for another year. @ 650 px tag, i'd expect a little better quality and durability. making me rethink my entire sony purchasing strategy re cameras, tv, laptops and esp equity stock. thinking of taking this up with my credit card company.

Regular
Message 265 of 578
Message 265 of 578

Same is thd case with me this is a very common issue and whom so ever calls sony they say that this is the first case  we have come acrosss but after going through your thread and many others one thing is for sure that sony z ultra has a screen cracking issue and sony should come forward and refund our money back pls post back if u have got any positive response from sony

Visitor
Message 266 of 578
Message 266 of 578

They just want to provide you new phone and throw that into garbage!

So the cost is high, I think the device is not repairable. (atleast by sony high qualify engineers)

Visitor
Message 267 of 578
Message 267 of 578

Is this site really maintained by sony? This much of users are facing the issue's sony not doing a single reply?

Sony must refund the amount to customers or replace the screens, users will loss faith on sony if they continue like this.

Next flagship Z1 (coming soon) with threads like Crack!

One time poster
Message 268 of 578
Message 268 of 578

I have the same thing happened to me too.. I think lots of people are having the same issue... very disappointed at Sony... =( 

One time poster
Message 269 of 578
Message 269 of 578

Re: Xperia Z screen cracked in pocket

Yep,me too. The phone cracked in my pocket, tiny fracture adn has rendered it utterly useless, I couldn't even switch it off. I wrote to the CEO of Vodafone as a long term customer to ask if they could do anything about the £190 repair quote.  Even though they just sold Verizon Wireless for $130 billion they still said no. 

Anyway, I have had a quote from a local store to fix it for £40 but I have to source the screen, ebay for £100. That's the option now. Very disappointed, great phone, just had it set up how I wanted it. Wish I had stuck to Nokia (I know.... can you believe it!?!) I was going to buy the Xperia Z tablet, not anymore...

One time poster
Message 270 of 578
Message 270 of 578

Re: Xperia z Screen Crack Tips

Hi

had my phone for 3 months in a cover and my screen cracked from where I unlock it in all directions...I mentioned that at worst it fell from my beside table onto carpet. I baught this phone over the S4 because of its apparent durability, waterproofing and because it doesnt have the os bloat of the s4. The wifi on the device could be improved but other than that was very happy with the phone. Just very disappointed in the screen damage. Id rather have a phone which can last me a few years and be a bit heavier...so build phones with stronger screens@ sony. I'm awaiting feedback from sony on my cracked screen so hopefully they resolve it.

Learner
Message 271 of 578
Message 271 of 578

Re: Xperia Z screen cracked in pocket

Mine is almost exactly the same place as post 25. I put my phone in my front pocket walked over the road removed it from my pocket to check for texts and it was damaged like that. I don't keep anything in my pocket and always have a second screen protector. I have never dropped it and there isn't one scratch on it..

I signed the petition here https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/sony-we-want-you-to-admit-that-the-xperiaz-has-a-major-over-h...

DSC_0007.jpg

Visitor
Message 272 of 578
Message 272 of 578

On my second screen in 6 months.The phone was never dropped, banged or overheated. second time my phone had an aluminium casing for rigidity to stop flexing. Great phone but with a MAJOR design problem of being built so fragile it shouldnt be taken out of its box or picked up in fear of the screen cracking! Samsung please