account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Visitor
Message 223 of 578
Message 223 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Rotterdammer, there was a post on here or another thread which said sony europe were aware of the problem....

Visitor
Message 224 of 578
Message 224 of 578

Re: Xperia Z screen cracked in pocket

Hi, there, as i got out of the car on friday last week, my z cracked, it was in my front pocket, so i wasnt sitting on it.  It has cracked across the middle on both the front and rear screens, no doubt due to it being flexed a little.

I have never borken a phone before!!  It had front and rear screen protectors.

Carphone warehouse said it would cost more to repair than replace, they were no help what - so - ever!!  They told me you shouldn't keep your phone in any pocket!  They deemed it as accidental damage and told me you have to but a new phone.

Sony have not responded to my e-mails.

Anyone else?

Martin

Visitor
Message 225 of 578
Message 225 of 578

Signed it mate!!

M

One time poster
Message 226 of 578
Message 226 of 578

Mine wasn't even in my pocket today it was on the arm of the sofa!

Did the online chat thing and have been given a link to arrange for it to be 'repaired', but there is a disclaimer stating that if I don't want to pay any costs that may incur then I have to pay £15 to have my own handset returned.

Always liked Sony and their customer service but this has left a very bitter taste in my mouth, Has anyone thought about seeking legal advice since thisn is clearly not user error it is a manufacturing fault.

The cheapest replacement screen I can find is £105 so i'm guessing they're gonna try and sting me for at least £250.

Really not happy.

Talent
Message 227 of 578
Message 227 of 578

all phones other than bigger one and non sony phone can be carried in pocket as they don't get damage easily.

But you need to take care of sony phones very carefully.

Following are some options.

1. keep them at home.

2. Buy a back pack and carry it.

3. Do not touch them or place them other than in backpack while moving and use bluetooth head set.

4. Don't  play with mobile ( by installing apps , games and using camera etc..)

surely you can able to survive with the phone till your fate get faded. 

what a c c r r a a p p

Visitor
Message 228 of 578
Message 228 of 578

I noticed my back was slightly lifted up in the lower right corner from the begining, but didn't know it was problem. A couple of days later my back got a long crack all the way accross the back, while I had it in my loose front pocket and was sitting completly still on a bench.

I really hope that Sony is gonna do something soon! It kinda sucks having such an expensive phone just lying at home waiting. 

Apprentice
Message 229 of 578
Message 229 of 578

here is mine also back glass has lifted away near to the camera. Slightly frowning Face and notice the 2 little dots they are under the glass like something is rubbing also the back is lose now. i have set up a facebook page search for xperia z cracked screens  crack and dots.jpg

Apprentice
Message 230 of 578
Message 230 of 578

how is everyone getting on with their repairs?

One time poster
Message 231 of 578
Message 231 of 578

This just happened to me right now,less than an hour ago,I just can't believe it.I bought mine a month ago and have been so carefully with my property but I took my phone off the charger and realised it has just cracked
Rookie
Message 232 of 578
Message 232 of 578

Hi, my Xperia Z was in my pocket in a loose pair of shorts when I took I out and realised it was cracked. You can tell by looking at it that it hasn't been dropped or hit, the glass has just cracked. I have got insurance on the phone but I'm not keen on getting it repaired if it's likely to happen again. I'm in the process of trying to deal with Sony but they want £240 for repair. I would like to return the phone under the "Sale of Goods Act" as not being fit for purpose but not sure what way to go about it - Sony or Vodaphone.