account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Demigod
Message 42 of 578
Message 42 of 578

Re: Xperia z Screen Crack Tips

u r not reading what i wrote. read from the top.

One time poster
Message 43 of 578
Message 43 of 578

Dude i read everything... ! i am asking how does tose cracks occur with knowing .. ? u nvr told abt that..

Genius
Message 44 of 578
Message 44 of 578

if you believe what people report here about cracked screen then yes they magically appear Winking Face

heat will not crack the screen - if you saw how this glass is tempered during manufacture then you would understand why change in temperature does not crack the screen

Visitor
Message 45 of 578
Message 45 of 578

Well its funny that my screen cracked and a few others have also cracked.

Right next to where the Charging port is... very strange this.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/127838?tstart=90

and many many more listed on the forums

One time poster
Message 46 of 578
Message 46 of 578

Did you use it for a long time before the screen break... ?

Emperor
Message 47 of 578
Message 47 of 578

please post on the other on going thread

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 49 of 578
Message 49 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

you should contact O2 but this type of issues aren't covered by Sony's warranty

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 50 of 578
Message 50 of 578

Humm yeah, I went on O2 live chat and they said they'd just send it off for an engineer to look at. They told me they've not heard of this happening before so I'm guessing they'll just say it's my fault.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Commissioner
Message 51 of 578
Message 51 of 578

The back screen is made of tempered glass. Glass is still glass. Though under normal direct impact it will not easily cracked, it still hss it weak spot. I had seen report that a whole shower screen shattered without anyone touching. it. Sony should replace the back panel for you.

Visitor
Message 52 of 578
Message 52 of 578

Sounds like alot of people have the same problem. And I think that its kind of strange that sony tells the customers that the glass and the phone is of such a good quality that its nearly next to un breakable......Sonys own words: Both the front and back panels of Xperia Z are made of durable tempered glass that’s much stronger than conventional glass. Each glass panel also has an anti-shatter film for even greater durability.