account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

One time poster
Message 93 of 578
Message 93 of 578

Re: Xperia z glass back cracked on it's own?!

Thanks for the contact, I will gladly sign your petition but only after I have been told officially by Sony that it is not covered which is inevitable, as I am still awaiting for it from the Phones 4U repair centre so I can send it off to them. Sony will never admit fault in this situation as it will be admitting that all Xperia Z's in the market have a problem with the screen. The cost to them is huge.

Some more ammo for your petition bellow with other users in the same boat the first link actualy mentions they are recognising the problem in the Netherlands

Huball, yours is very atypical, but this is a known and acknowledged issue.

If there is no other sign of dropping or excessive pressure you can send your phone in for warranty repairs through the regular channels (= the place where you bought it). Authorized service centers should have been informed about the issue quite a few weeks ago, and if your cracks fit the profile you'll get a new display or a new phone, covered by your warranty.

I can't guarantee anything but I've seen quite a few ones that got repaired in The Netherlands.

(Background: I do social media support for Sony Mobile in the Netherlands and handle issues like these)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2321051

http://androidforums.com/sony-xperia-z/717781-xperia-z-screen-problems.html

Visitor
Message 94 of 578
Message 94 of 578

Interesting! Nice find wookiebear! I did read on another forum that some people had a different glass related problem (it unsticking itself) but not read about sony advising service centers to actually properly investigate the issue. It's gave me a small amount of hope that my phone might receieve the repair/replacement it deserves!

Lets hope the sony support centres start talking to each other!

Anthony I will be very keen to learn the ourcome of the trading standards investigation as it will be the only route left to me if Sony deny my current escalation.

I read somewhere that Sony can access a log letting them know how hot a device got, I think heat is the issue with these phones so hope such a log does exist! Have you chaps heard about this "heat log"?

Visitor
Message 96 of 578
Message 96 of 578

hi wookie.

Nice finds. Sony dont seem to care about the rep as we are a small number of people complaining?

i wanted it to goto the papers and watchdog to see how they stand then.

One time poster
Message 97 of 578
Message 97 of 578

Watch dog will be the best option, you just need enough people for them to esculate it

Visitor
Message 98 of 578
Message 98 of 578

Mine was the back glass that went but if you need my help count me in!

One time poster
Message 99 of 578
Message 99 of 578

this happened to my phone,, there are a lot of small cracks on the back

One time poster
Message 100 of 578
Message 100 of 578

there are lots of problem encountered in xperia z model my xperia z has got water damage due to manufacturing defect i tried to explain the whole matter but sony raised his hand they are sony is just completely weired & worst on service they have something like dictator policy i had most worst & depressedfull 2 week due to sony service

Genius
Message 101 of 578
Message 101 of 578

you guys are killing me

go buy a Samsung or an iphone and try telling them the screen cracked on it's own -seriously

and you want to be taken seriously and post a link to a guy that claims he damaged an EZ  with a toilet brush - and another of those links clearly shows damage to the frame of the phone - yet it just happened

I have dropped my phone on tiled foor many times - I've seen a car driven over an EZ  and it was undamaged

I really feel for those of you that have had problems like this - but this has been happening in the smart phone arena for a long time - knock them hard they will get damaged

it has nothing to do with temperature - it is pre and simple an accident

If you want securty there are many companies that offer insurance and it's not expensive

you are carrying a hitech expensive device in your pocket - why would you not have it insured

One time poster
Message 102 of 578
Message 102 of 578

The screen of my new Xperia Z also cracked own its own hardly three weeks into its use. I used the phone in the morning but since the chrage was low, I connected it to the chrager. After a while, when I checked the cell, to my shock, I see the screen cracked in three, starting from the speaker point upwards. I too have not dropped the phone and handled  the cell with extreme care. I checked with Sony service centre. They said that my case is the first of its kind in the country (India) and say that the screen will not break on its own and has been hit by some sharp instrument. I tried to make them understand that such a thing has not happened but they just wouldn't buy it. They say the screen alone cannot be replaced and as such the handset will have to be replaced, costing almost over 50% as much as a new phone. If there are more smilar cases, it should be reported to the company.