account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia z Bluetooth problem

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: Xperia z Bluetooth problem

My Bluetooth problem started after the 4.4.2  update.

At first - it killed my battery.  It went downt at 10%/hour at night time.  Then, after reinstalling the software (and reinstalling manually all my apps again since the restore wouldn't work), my phone can't see most Bluetooth devices.  One was "discovered" after a few hours, while another - after two days.  My earphone?  They are invisible to it.  All devices worked fine before the last software upgrade.  It looks like Sony have someone from Apple working with them, under cover, since they are doing their best, again and again, to push me back to Apple :-(

Learner
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

Mine drops connection and reconnects to car kit every few seconds. If I power cycle it's ok until I turn off the car or leave the proximity of it.

One time poster
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

Z1 Bluetooth connectivity **bleep**. 

There's no upcoming fix. 

I suggest we organize a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. 

dang

Visitor
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

It seems i'm running the same issue. 65% battery consumption by Bluetooth although it is switched off most of the time. 2hours a day on, 22 hours a day off.

Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

Hi, I'm using an Sony Xperia ZL and running Android 4.4.2 and I have the same problem. It's a screeching sound, like an interruption. It's likely the bluetooth is causing the problem because the lack of buffering in A2DP profile. 

What seems to help is to close as many apps as possible as to not to clog the system output. I'm listening to Spotify right know through my Sony SRS-X5 bluetooth speaker and I'm still getting the noise but not as much as when I had like 5 apps open.

Another solution is to disable the STAMINA battery mode because it conflicts with bluetooth as it tries to save power by disabling connections when the screen is off. 

Hope this helps. 

Ricardo

Ricardo
One time poster
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

I have same issue after builder update my Bluetooth not working. plz tell how we fix it.
Rookie
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

I have the same problem with my Xperia Z after recent update to Android 4.4.4

I used to be able to connect via bluetooth to my car audio system, a Sony XAV 701 BT, and be able to use the phonebook, set presets on the car system from the phonebook, etc. but now as soon as I try to use the phonebook on via the Car Audion system screen, bluetooth disconnects and reconnects.

Also the play back volume keeps changing when playing songs from the phone via bluetooth to the same car system.

This was all working before the update to the phone.

Would be interested in a solution to fix these bluetooth issues.

One time poster
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

I have a similar problem with BLUETOOTH.  The phone connects fine, there is a SCREECH noise and it disconnects and reconnects.  VERY FRUSTRATING!

Have any luck fixing this?

I am using the brand new Sony Xperia Z3compact D5803.

best,
Kamran

Highlighted
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

sirkamran,

Seems that updating my phone to android 4.4.4 solved the problem. No more screeching!! I hope Sony's next update solves your problem.

The version I'm running is 10.5.1.A.0.283, the latest firmware update on my Sony Xperia ZL C6506

cheers

Ricardo

Ricardo
One time poster
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

I have same issue after builder update my Bluetooth not working. plz tell how we fix it., afer update to 5.1.1