account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Zl problem : frozen screen HELP!!!

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Xperia Zl problem : frozen screen HELP!!!

Hello!

I'm having a really bad problem: my Xperia Zl has frozen last night. I can turn the screen off and on, but all I see when it's is the last google page I was on at the time. I can only see that the time hasn't changed since then and the battery is ''still'' at 93%.

I tried using the (power+volume up) solution, but it doesn't help at all (nothing happens).

I would really like to find a solution that doesn't involve getting the battery off, since removing the back of the phone takes the waterproof seal off...

I really need help! Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Re: Xperia Zl problem : frozen screen HELP!!!

It should work - I don't think the XZ has a reset button under one of the flaps like the Z Ultra or Z1 etc but you can check - But the button combo should work and if it's not then something else is wrong which I doubt we can help with except contacting Xperia care or returning your device to the place of purchase for inspection http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Hold both the power and volume up buttons for around 10 to 15 seconds or untill you feel 3 quick vibrations

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

I did that for a few minutes and it didn't help... I'll try again, but do you have another idea?

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Try connecting your device to a power source and try the button combo

Visitor
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

I just tried it, and it's not working... I should really feel the three vibrations, right? 

Maybe it doesn't work with Zl...

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

It should work - I don't think the XZ has a reset button under one of the flaps like the Z Ultra or Z1 etc but you can check - But the button combo should work and if it's not then something else is wrong which I doubt we can help with except contacting Xperia care or returning your device to the place of purchase for inspection http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

View solution in original post

Visitor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Alright, I'll try it a few more times and see what happens. Then I'll figure out something Slightly smiling Face

Thanks for all your help!!

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

In the back of my phone, there's a little ''door'' and there's a yellow button with OFF written beside it. Should I try it?

Visitor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

I used the OFF button at the back of the phone, and that worked!