account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia ZL - mic not working during calls

One time poster
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Xperia Zr mic problem

facing problem with my Xperia Zr mic
Voice suddenly gets fainted while on call at the other side and the person is not able to hear my voice.
When I remove the phone from ears the voice again restore back to normal
But again problem starts when phone is touched to ears. Slightly frowning Face

Problem still not solved after upgrading to android 4.3
Visitor
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

Re: Xperia ZL - mic not working during calls

I've tried all the suggested actions with no results brought phone to store where I purchased it they took for repair told me it would be up to a month. There is a website I can track my repair its been a week and still hasn't gotten to the repair center ,I think its BS SONY should just give me a new phone and they can deal with the repair and resale as refurb

One time poster
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

It is a hardware issue. The front mic could be dirty. Try blowing hard into the mic in the front and the rear mic.

I had the same problem. The mic worked fine for a while after blowing into it and cleaning with a pin. But the problem kept coming up again and again even after cleaning regularly. So I took it to a service centre and Sony replaced the phone.

Visitor
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

Did they replace?? Mine also has same problem
One time poster
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

Hey,
dude can u let me know how long did the Sony Centre take to replace or fix your phone? 

Thanks

One time poster
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

I had the same issue with my xperia ZL.

Which is still in warranty, i gave it to Sony service center and they said that they will replace the device and give it to me .

It has been a month and about 15 days more since the day I have given my phone .

They are telling me it is taking long because they dont have spare parts of the phone and that the phone's production has stopped.

Seriously annoyed with Sony,

Now they are asking me to pay Rs.10,000 more so that I can take another phone Z1 from them.

Talent
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

how many months of warranty remaining?

second,

service center do not hear anything you say. they take your phone and further process it. It can take 3 weeks or 4 weeks or infinite time.

third, you can get below answers in above mentioned time depending on luck.

1. replace necessary hardware/software (repair) and give your original one.

2. replace with refurbished one (which is used by atleast one person in this world and if your lock is having more scraches, the device will have though)

3. pay some amount and get another phone (not sure it will be a brand new with 1 year warranty).

for ZL, irrespecitve of production , repair should be done if it is under warranty which is not happening in india.

I visited sony service center in bangalore for exact same problem.

But i did not keep quite but started calling each and everybody in the ladder of serivice /support (including head office of sony). 

Pleople who are reading this, really feel that it is your hard earning money and the device is under warranty, then wake up.

do not wait till service center guys update you after 15 or 30 or 2 months.

escalate further as much as you can.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

For those who have problem in mic with Xperia ZL it is a hardware problem no factory reset or repair can solve it.  Please take it to service center. If you are still under warranty they will replace it with new phone. for those who has no warranty they wil replace the phone for half or 90% of the cost. 

I did the same and got a brand new phone in return. Service Center Jayanagar, Bangalore (got it replaced in 4 days)

Xperia ZL C6502 (Replaced with a Perfect Phone)
One time poster
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

Hi All,

I have bought Sony Xperia ZL in 2013 I having mic problem in my phone which all persons stated. I have updated Lollipop version after that also am facing same problem. My question is whether they wil replace my phone as this was bought in 2013.

Please clarify my query.

One time poster
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

the problem is secondry mic which cancles out the background sound. if you dissable noise suspenssion in settings->phone menu then the mic works fine.