account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia ZL Sudden Death(maybe)

SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Xperia ZL Sudden Death(maybe)

Well, i am playing Clash Of Clan with my Xperia ZL today with a power amount of 48% while it suddenly black out.When i turned it on again it just show my unlock screen,once i swipe to unlock, it went dead again,sometimes i just saw the Sony or the Xperia word then the phone went dead again,there was 2 time i successfully unlocked my phone and it shows that it takes up half of the phone battery which become 28% and 11% for second and third time and my phone is hot without any application running before it went dead,i think it is a system bug but when i connect to PC Companion, it just shows that no device is connected, what is the issue and how can i fix it? i can only turn it on when it is plugged to the PC or Wall Charger,please reply and help, all help will be appreciated, thanks!!!! 

p/s: before this i had faced a battery problem that consumed up all battery in one day and cannot be charger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Re: Xperia ZL Sudden Death(maybe)

if SUS doesn't work then stop by your local Sony

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

11 REPLIES 11
Emperor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Connect your phone to a wall charger > press and hold power and volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 1 or 2 hours > repair your phone with SUS 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Update Service (SUS)

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Emperor
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

if SUS doesn't work then stop by your local Sony

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Highlighted
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

thanks a lot my friend!!

Emperor
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Anytime

Apprentice
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

did the power and volume up button press work??

One time poster
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Yesterday I played "plants vs zombie2 "on my xperia ZL... my phone overheated.. and then, my phone was dead
im trying to switch on my phone but it's not happen.. just appear 'sony' on my phone's screen and die again.. battery life still ok..
my phone can be opened while charging only.. but when it is not charging, after a few minutes.. my phone will die again.. why? i hope u can solve my problem..

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Count me in... I also faced the same problem from yesterday.. While playing hayday, my ZL just went boomm(literally).. Battery was at 80% and phone just kept restarting and whatever #hamza90 said, kept happening.... When I checked battery health in service test menu, it said "good, no need to replace"... guyss need ur help here...
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Okk... Things got more worse now... If I unplug the charger, phone switches off by itself!!! Again I checked the battery life in service menu and it said the same,"good, no need to replace". Need ur help qickly guys...