account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia ZL, IR-Blaster doesn't seem to work with Remote Control App

SOLVED
Learner
Message 111 of 149
Message 111 of 149

Re: Xperia ZL, IR-Blaster doesn't seem to work with Remote Control App

@coolasrevi : could you send us some picture(screen shot) of manual setup from your new xperia ?

and how about manual setup for air conditioner remote ... it is work ?

thanks Slightly smiling Face

Adept
Message 112 of 149
Message 112 of 149

Brand new ZL. Remote works with the build it one for Samsung. Manual learning simply doesn't work. So looks like the unlucky one to get a bad piece. Oh visiting Sony Service center is a nightmare from whatever I have read.

Commissioner
Message 113 of 149
Message 113 of 149

This is the screen shot of Hathaway STB manual setup. didnt try AC yet will let you know soon.Screenshot_2013-11-21-08-14-25[1].png

Xperia ZL C6502 (Replaced with a Perfect Phone)
Enthusiast
Message 114 of 149
Message 114 of 149

If replacing the unit with a new working box piece is the way to go, perhaps Sony could organize an address that will swap out our IR-incapable units with proper ones? Or perhaps instruct the repair centers to do just that, when they can't find or repair the problem?

*edit*

Blimey, I think Rickard came through! I just got a call from Sony Germany support who's handling the Sony Dutch support (the ZL wasn't released here in NL), who was in turn contacted by Sony Sweden (!).

Anyway, they'll be sending me a document to send in to the German W-Support company to replace my unit with a new one. Hopefully I'll have the same experience as coolasrevi, which could indicate that the IR problem is only an issue with the first batch of phones.

Owner of an Xperia ZL. Experienced the IR Problem, TWICE
and even THRICE!
Learner
Message 115 of 149
Message 115 of 149

@bouvrie : can you help me ?

how to contact rickard or another staff ? i want to ask about service in indonesia ... is there any replacement for my defective product ... because when i bring my phone to service center ... there no one know about this problem or they don't want to know the issues ... they just suggest to factory reset ... to the first firmware , and isn't work right ?

it still under warranty ..

@coolasrevi : thanks , but could you send us little more detail step by step manual setup by picture(screenshot) , manual setup with air conditioner remote,if you don't mind  ... thanks 

#anyway sorry for my bad english

Enthusiast
Message 116 of 149
Message 116 of 149

@caifull In my case, Rickard from the support staff here at the forum offered to get me proper help with this problem. He asked for a PM with my service case details to find someone in my (local) market who can help fix this.

In my case, it seems to turn out that my local Sony Support will be the best way to get this resolved (even though the Xperia ZL isn't available on my local market).

I think the best thing for you to do, is to contact your local Sony Service, and clearly describe the problem. Be sure to mention that the problem will not go away after a factory reset, firmware update or other software modifications and that Sony officially knows this problem is with the hardware in some Xperia ZL units. You could also point them to this thread, but I doubt that the support people will look into this (mainly English and pretty long) conversation.

As far as I can tell now, from the many users in this thread, only 1 has had the problem solved. (India, Bangalore, Jayanagar Service Center) Although it may still be possible to replace an individual hardware part of the IR, the only solution I've seen documented here is one where the full unit gets replaced. For a replacement unit, Sony has to order the local service center to replace the unit. So to get that in your case, you'll first need to get Sony to acknowledge the problem. And I think this is best done with your local service in Indonesia, also to prevent any miscommunication through a language barrier.

By the way, I can't be sure that a full phone replacement will be the solution for my intended use; Sony Support called me when they offered the phone replaced, and said that even a fully functional phone is not guaranteed to be able to learn IR commands for all devices. However, I have faith that the devices I have at home aren't too freaky and will learn just fine. Either way, I'll keep posting here until my issue is resolved. Slightly smiling Face

and even THRICE!
Adept
Message 117 of 149
Message 117 of 149

Tried number of times with our HATHWAY STB. It simply didn't work.

Moreover, with the free cover that came with the phone, the IR blaster hole isn't there so I am not wasting must time with it.

Don't want to be wasting time with ignorant support staff as before purchasing i tried lot of presales mails wrt this problem and none of them came up with explicit answers. They just kept playing passing the buck game.

I bought ZL as Samsung was not on my list.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 118 of 149
Message 118 of 149

@moonsand. I got replacement just in 5 days. At first even I hesitated to visit looking at many threads. But I'm really satisfied with the service they provided. Only at the place I mentioned.

@caifall. I explained to them with a demonstration. Then they agreed that it's a hardware defect. You better do the same. They tend to degree because ir tester in service menu says it's fine. That's why . Had to explain.
Xperia ZL C6502 (Replaced with a Perfect Phone)
Enthusiast
Message 119 of 149
Message 119 of 149

In case anyone's interested, I have yet to send in my device for replacement. I'm waiting for Sony to confirm that this time, I'll get a proper new device instead of another faulty unit.

and even THRICE!
One time poster
Message 120 of 149
Message 120 of 149

Hello friends! Greetings! Speaking straight from Brazil. I was having the same problem here with my xperia ZQ, ZL there for you. The device reported that learned the sign, but did not seem to give no signal so when taking the test. Then I saw a hint around at some forum. Position the control just below the ON / OFF one centimeter to the left side, almost touching button zq and neighbor. I auditioned with a stereo, one microsystem from LG, which does not appear in the list of factory zq xperia and it worked perfectly with all the buttons I created. It is my contribution.