account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia ZL, IR-Blaster doesn't seem to work with Remote Control App

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 101 of 149
Message 101 of 149

Re: Xperia ZL, IR-Blaster doesn't seem to work with Remote Control App

Hello All,

I see some indirect hope to get this issue resolved. Due to two things

1) Xperia ZL is confirmed to receive 4.4 update in next few months. As per 4.4 platform features, this has support for integrated IR devices. This means free API avialibility could help developers to create applications for XPeria ZL Remote too.

2) Even if learning feature does not work due to sensors h/w problem  there will be definately some provision to update inbuilt database of IR codes which can increase the number of device supported list.

SONY support team please acknowledge. As I do not see any hope from you to resolve this issue by repairing or replacing handset.

Commissioner
Message 102 of 149
Message 102 of 149

If it was just a software prob, i don think anyone could use that function, as there are people who have used it without any problem.

and i have just given my phone to repair. FRANKLY THEY DONT EVEN KNOW THAT THERE IS SOMETHING CALLED IR BLASTER

Xperia ZL C6502 (Replaced with a Perfect Phone)
Adviser
Message 103 of 149
Message 103 of 149

In my case SONY INDIA customer care didn't know anything about learning function in IR remote. Even SONY service center in Surat was unaware of any such learning remote code function. I made a powerpoint presentation of what is IR code learning from another remote and asked them step by step clarification of every screen of manual setup. Then service head tried what I mailed in powerpoint presentation and found that codes are learnt on all devices but doesnot work after learning. They sent me replacement handset but the problem was same. 

Customer care never accepted that theres problem of any such kind.

I maintained all the records of communication and was about to go to consumer court regarding this manufacturing defect but before that service head sent me Refund Cheque of full amount.

Commissioner
Message 104 of 149
Message 104 of 149

Yea totally agree with you, that the people at service center doesnt even know that there is IR blaster in Xperia ZL. all they keep telling is that will flash original firmware to repair. Im waiting now what is he gonna do with my cell phone. told me he would give it in 10 days.(Repaired or Replaced) if it doesnt work out Will follow what you did to get refund at least. 

Enthusiast
Message 105 of 149
Message 105 of 149

The way this issue is going, I wonder if we can at all get this issue fixed within the warranty period... Anguished Face

Owner of an Xperia ZL. Experienced the IR Problem, TWICE
and even THRICE!
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 106 of 149
Message 106 of 149

Ha ha, same here, 4 more months to go. nice signature man

Enthusiast
Message 107 of 149
Message 107 of 149

Ordered me some LED lights with IR controller, it would be awesome if I could use my mobile to control it and program my own patterns. Slightly smiling Face

Just got a PM from Rickard, telling me he's still looking into getting a fix for me.

In a perfect world, he could uncover a common problem with support service case handling and make Sony change some internal stuff so their products can get fixed all over the world. But frankly, I'm not expecting all our feedback on customers' negative repair center experiences to make a difference any time soon... Slightly frowning Face

Owner of an Xperia ZL. Experienced the IR Problem, TWICE
and even THRICE!
Learner
Message 108 of 149
Message 108 of 149

Having the same problem, took it so service centre where they are unable to identify the problem, hence have given me my phone back without any soution.. in half a mind to go to consumer court to fight sony for selling me a phone under false pretences ( that the IR blaster can "learn" new commands). 

If anyone is has any solution or way out please let me know.. reaching the end of my wits with this horrible sony support and their unwillingness to handle this problem. Slightly frowning Face

Commissioner
Message 109 of 149
Message 109 of 149

OMG, Update on my Problem, India, Bangalore, Jayanagar Service Center,

Experience at this place was really good, they listen to each problem carefully, and Now I got my XPERIA ZL REPLACED WITH BOX PIECE. everything working. its brand new, not refurbished, 

Good News is that IR manual mode is working with all the remotes i tried.

If you are in bangalore, and you have a problem with your phone i strongly recommend you this place. Cheers

Learner
Message 110 of 149
Message 110 of 149

Despite all horror stories about pathetic support (in India and elsewhere) , I have gambled and ordered ZL with manufacturer warranty. Should be getting by Monday. Let's see how this pans out. Just hoping that I do not have to visit the support center.