account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia ZL, IR-Blaster doesn't seem to work with Remote Control App

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 91 of 149
Message 91 of 149

Re: Xperia ZL, IR-Blaster doesn't seem to work with Remote Control App

I showed this thread to Sony India and asked for clarification and seems that they are comfortable at not speaking the truth. They said there is no such problem. What a sad state of affiars. In short, they will never accept there's a problem.

Commissioner
Message 92 of 149
Message 92 of 149

So this problem is not fixable. So taking to service center doesn't solve the problem. Then how are we supposed to deal with this problem
Xperia ZL C6502 (Replaced with a Perfect Phone)
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 93 of 149
Message 93 of 149

Enthusiast
Message 94 of 149
Message 94 of 149

I wonder how it's possible for Sony to develop these rather technically advanced phones, yet be unable to fix issues arising with them.

Perhaps some of the brighter folks from Sony's R&D/product development department could be given the chance to fix the consumer service experience, I bet they got some ideas to address the problems.

In any case, if Sony would just be transparent about these kinds of issues, at least consumers would know where they stand in all this. There's one thing worse than not having problems taken care of, and that is being in the dark about whether this is at all possible.

Owner of an Xperia ZL. Experienced the IR Problem, TWICE
and even THRICE!
Commissioner
Message 95 of 149
Message 95 of 149

I have been following this thread from the day i got my ZL. its been 7 months already still no solution frankly speaking i am really afraid to take my phone to service center. 4 reasons

1. they will keep my phone for at least 10 days (considering i dont own secondary phone)

2. even after keeping it for so many days phone wont be repaired (whats the point in taking it to service center)

3. might get a replacement most probably refurbished one (new policy of sony. come to sony center we will screw you)

4. rebook issue with them phone is gone for another 10 to 20 days.

after 5 months my warranty will be gone, and then you dont really care. 

so what exactly can we do?? 

Enthusiast
Message 96 of 149
Message 96 of 149

With no faith in dedicated repair shops, nor in the local Sony Support, I'm afraid that Sony's Xperia Care team may be the only way to ultimately obtain a fix. In my view this will take quite some work, Sony addressing the support problem from the inside out.

All my hopes are with Rickard now, who I PMed a few weeks ago with details concerning my case. He would "try to get hold of someone in your market who can resolve this", but with no response I fear the worst...

Shame that the ZL got lots of things going for it on paper, but in reality fails to deliver. And support seems to be unable to solve this appropriately.

The way this is going, Sony needs to step up its game before I would ever consider their brand again. Perhaps if details about the defect were shared, repair centers worldwide would better know what to do, or which component to replace.

Owner of an Xperia ZL. Experienced the IR Problem, TWICE
and even THRICE!
Learner
Message 97 of 149
Message 97 of 149

hi,im from indonesia ...

i follow this forum since a month ago

i'm impressed with xperia zl picture quality , but

i have the same problem with ir manual set up , it is manufacture defect or the ir learn function isn't work with all device (just most or only in its database) ?

i hope sony or anyone who can help give us solution Slightly smiling Face

(maybe sony should create the third party software like mentioned above)

#sorry for my bad english

Commissioner
Message 98 of 149
Message 98 of 149

I think you are not following it. It's a manufacturing defect. I dunno about Sony service in Indonesia, but here in India they just won't repair it. It's not what software database is. You can test with a remote which is listed and make another device for the same remote manually it just doesn't work.
Learner
Message 99 of 149
Message 99 of 149

yep , maybe i just follow this forum only a little bit Slightly smiling Face

but , i want explain something about my experience using ir remote in xperia zl

i have panasonic tv , and its on remote database right ? .... i try manual setup "in power button" on it ...

i chosee manual setup - other device - next - aim the ir transmitter bla .. bla .. bla ... according on the explanation .... press button i want to learn ..

yeah , it say ir signal undetected but i just push next button until finish ...

finally , i press the power button and my tv is "OFF" 

i dunno why its working on my xperia but i try these step on another device that not listed in database and its not working ...

maybe

by the way like bovrie comment on the page 9 said "Since the last firmware I've been able to access the IR Remote test in the service menu of the phone (dial *#*#7378423#*#*   aka   *#*#SERVICE#*#* ). I found that reading IR signals will supposedly report the IR data it receives, yet the allegedly detected IR data seems to change all the time whenever I learn the *same* IR command over and over" ....

it just my experience ... CMIIW

#sry for my really bad english Slightly smiling Face

Commissioner
Message 100 of 149
Message 100 of 149

Since you said about manual mode for a device which is in database. I tried it. Didn't work. May be it learnt the actual code as it changes every time for same button