account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z won't charge & turns off after waves

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Xperia Z won't charge & turns off after waves

I was washing my xperia z like always; but this time some ports weren't completely unreachabale by water cause they weren't like the first days, anyway the water went in and i could see a little water under the phone screen,also all the water indicators became pink.while the phone was working for some minutes; and then after minutes xperia shut down. but I could still turn it on; and it shut down after seconds every time.i also couldn't charge the phone. or it will be charging weird!(like it instantly became full charge ...) . and also i did sth silly in this time, i changed the battery and replaced it with a new one(i still don't know why i decided to do this in this situation:/).after that i tried again and this time the phone doesn't boot anymore.after showing those purple waves it shuts down. it also doesn't kind of charge anymore. cause when i plug in, the red light appears , and it charges for one percent then stops...anyway i decided to stop trying.I opened the phone back again and then removed battery, opened all the ports and put it inside rice bag for about two days. now it is still the same story(shutting down after waves) ... what should i do?