account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z not working after dropping in water

One time poster
Message 11 of 22
Message 11 of 22

Re: Xperia Z not working after dropping in water

hi.. i am also facing the same problem..

actually i tried to take photo in pool (all the doors r closed!!!!!). after two clicks, suddenly message recieved memory card error, then i switch off my phone and restart. 

display light up very dim.. i turned off my phone and then i restart my phone display is not working.. but phone is working.. in sim and charging spot got pink color.. 

is called water proof..

Message 12 of 22
Message 12 of 22

it was never called water proof but water resistance, if you had it deeper than 1 meter or w.e it is then that explains why it got red indicator by now since the deeper you go the more presure it is on phone and then water will leak in anyway.

Apprentice
Message 13 of 22
Message 13 of 22

Got the same problem. Did not drop it in the water, held it in the water just below the surface.

Now they say that may warranty is void and i need to pay $400 for repair. That is just ridiculous.

They can't even explain to me how the water get in, except that they are insisting I left a flap open which is ofcourse not true.

Message 14 of 22
Message 14 of 22

weird could been that your back plate was lose so water leaked in :/ also red indicator voids your warranty thats why they are charging you for the repair or for new phone :/ but you could try rice method tutorial that Ullwolly or w.e his name posted some where to dry the phone fully Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 15 of 22
Message 15 of 22

hi

i have the same problem and i wish if you could tell what did you do to fix it

thanks

Visitor
Message 16 of 22
Message 16 of 22

hay!! i beg you please help me!! sorry for my bad english sir.. yesterday my phone fell to water, but all the flaps are closed. and then when i checked it after,, water havent got inside from them because it all indicates white!! but after droping to water my phones power button did not work and volume button worked as power button,, and then somehow  turned off my xperia z and then when i try to turn it back on it beep once and after two seconds it beaps 3 times and then it turned of.. when i connect my phone to charging adapter it beeps once again and after two sec it beaps 3 times and it happening on and on ,, pls help me!!! the phone is only 12 days after i purchesed it!!!

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 17 of 22
Message 17 of 22

Lucky you that youve used your phone underwater early.
I have my phone 7 months ago but yetrday was the longest time i used it under water
Even took a video.
First camera button nt wotking then volume down then power button. Sometimes they are working, sometimes not
Even blowered it up.

Ill try the rice method next time if blowering wont work
One time poster
Message 18 of 22
Message 18 of 22

Re: Xperia Z1 not working after drying in sunlight

sorry for broken english.. first, my phone won't turn on and when i charge it, red light is blinking for 3 times and charging logo is not coming. please help me!!!

Genius
Message 19 of 22
Message 19 of 22

Re: Xperia Z1 not working after drying in sunlight

Hi @Max41

If when turn on the Sony device only the red led light flashed multiple times, this could be because battery was fully drained or there was a problem with the boot. If you press the 3 buttons Power, Volume down and Volume up for about 8 seconds and then release them, the Sony logo would appear.

I hope can be useful.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
One time poster
Message 20 of 22
Message 20 of 22

Thank you so much.. It worked after  pressing power button and holding volume up and power button for 20 sec

:-)