account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z does not work with car BLUETOOTH handsfree module

Learner
Message 61 of 86
Message 61 of 86

Re: Xperia Z does not work with car BLUETOOTH handsfree module

How is possible on same phone, for example Sony Xperia Z, with  software version 4.1.x does not work with car bluetooth handsfree module and few months later after update to  software version 4.2.x perfect work and again few months later after update to software version 4.3. does not work on same car.

But Sony always advises us to contact car manufacturer what is not acceptable because of price range between car and phone.  I don’t change car. It is expensive solution.  From other side, my car bluetooth handsfree module work very well with other devices with android version 4.3.

According to this, solution is simple and cheap: change phone.

One time poster
Message 62 of 86
Message 62 of 86

I've had my XZ since April 2013 & have had no problems with making & receiving calls via bluetooth in my Mercedes Sclass 2011, this suddenly changed when updating the phone to android 4.3 approximately 2 weeks ago!? Since the update the bluetooth connection fades in & out for no apparent reason...contacted Sony, they said the bluetooth would've been upgraded as a result of the update & that the car's bluetooth needs updating too....however I have been in a brand new Sclass for a week & am having the same problem....anyone have any fixes for this...please help!!!???
One time poster
Message 63 of 86
Message 63 of 86

I had my Xperia Z updated by Sony tech people because there were problems with internet, photos, addresses. Now I can't connect it to my Nissan xtrail. It doesn't recognise a blue tooth device. I tried with WiFi off. Hope you can help!!! Thank you!
One time poster
Message 64 of 86
Message 64 of 86

After upgrading from 4.2.2 to 4.3 ceased to interact normally with the car bluetooth module. No reaction to incoming phone calls and does not synchronize phonebook contacts.
Programmers sony drink poison. I am very sorry that I bought sony products.

Rookie
Message 65 of 86
Message 65 of 86

I wrote to xperia Z customer care, i have two bluetooth hands free module. Puro B800 e Motorola HS820. All not work with my voice to call my contact. Sony response me that the compatibility are not sure to various bluetooth module. Its very negative response, also they work to guarantee this function. It's Sony problem. Run to resolve. Tnx. Sorry for my english.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 66 of 86
Message 66 of 86

Also have a problem with my Audi A6. Drive the car 5 years so far. Very different mobile phones paired with the bluetooth handsfree, never had problems. After update to 4.3 on my Xperia Z, it takes minutes to pair when I start my car.

When I switch on the phone, connection is immediatly done and it workes fine. In Stand-By, it takes minutes, or sometimes connection is never done. I've also done the bluetooth update (10.4.1.B.0.101), but it makes no difference for me.

Hope Sony will do another update wich resolves the problem...

Rookie
Message 67 of 86
Message 67 of 86

Re: Xperia Z does not work with car BLUETOOTH handsfree module.

I have the same problem. I have an Opel Astra 2014 and other phones function without problem.  

The Phone portal is certified by the
Bluetooth Special Interest Group
(SIG).

Is the Sony Xperia Z certified by SIG?

Rookie
Message 68 of 86
Message 68 of 86

I have a mini cooper s other mobiles pair fine my xperia z pairs but as soon as you initiate a call it drops back to mobile. Wifi is off. Is there a fix?
Rookie
Message 69 of 86
Message 69 of 86

Im not surprised my xperia z does exactly the same thing

One time poster
Message 70 of 86
Message 70 of 86

I Have a xz1 and I'm having the same problem. I have an 08 ford ranger and got a BT module installed its very standard just handle's incoming and outgoing calls it pairs fine but when I try to make a call it goes though my phone rather than the Module. In the call the BT simble never shows and the BT connection stays connected . does any one know how I could fix this I've tried every suggestion listed I hope I don't have the same problem as coyote82 where the phone isn't sending info to the module but the BT module I bought is brand new it's called isimple transit BLU and says it's compatible With iOS and android devices.