account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z c6603 - Corrupt display

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Xperia Z c6603 - Corrupt display

Ok phone is a few years old but I love it, after years of no problems my display is corrupt, photos are like negatives, colours are washed out looking...any ideas??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Re: Xperia Z c6603 - Corrupt display

Hi @jamah59,

I'm so sorry to hear about that. Slightly frowning Face

I would recommend that you check in the settings of your phone, just to make sure that no setting is turned on which should be deactivated.

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Colour inversion, turn this off and see if you experience any difference.

While in this menu, if Colour correction is also turned on, disable this.

If you have activated the developer options in your phone you can also try turning this off, you will find developer options in Settings > Developer options, turn this off as well.

If there is no change, please follow the recommendation from @uliwooly, perform a software repair at first and if you experience the same behaviour contact your Local support team and they will assist you with having the phone sent in to an authorized service centre.

Let me know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

@jamah59

If you transfer the pictures to your computer, are the pictures corrupted? if they aren't then it's a hardware issue with your phone, if they are then you might want to repair your phone with XC

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Try contacting your local Sony Xperia support to get it repaired.
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/
Rookie
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

They're fine, moved them all over yesterday
Emperor
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

@jamah59

Then iti is indeed a hardware issue. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Hi @jamah59,

I'm so sorry to hear about that. Slightly frowning Face

I would recommend that you check in the settings of your phone, just to make sure that no setting is turned on which should be deactivated.

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Colour inversion, turn this off and see if you experience any difference.

While in this menu, if Colour correction is also turned on, disable this.

If you have activated the developer options in your phone you can also try turning this off, you will find developer options in Settings > Developer options, turn this off as well.

If there is no change, please follow the recommendation from @uliwooly, perform a software repair at first and if you experience the same behaviour contact your Local support team and they will assist you with having the phone sent in to an authorized service centre.

Let me know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Rookie
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

OMG That worked! Thankyou soooooo much D

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

No problem, I'm glad to hear everything is back to normal! Slightly smiling Face

Sometimes it's just a matter of a setting even for the most strange behaviours!

Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with and have a great day!

Rookie
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

:-D 👍