account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z battery fluctuation issue

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Xperia Z battery fluctuation issue

Hello all,
I have got a weird issue in my Xperia Z device (Lollipop v5.1.1) few days ago. The phone battery has started fluctuating automatically. The battery indicator fluctuates randomly up and down. When I connect the phone to a charger, it's doesn't show the battery charging. Also sometimes I can't see the 'power management' option under phone setting and the phone gets power off sometimes automatically without any issue.
However, I tried to troubleshoot it but so far I'm out of luck. I have:
― tried to charge the phone with a different charger
― removed some apps
― reset the phone to factory setting
But after all these, the problem is still persisting. So please suggest what should I do sort out this weird issue.
Thank you.
10 REPLIES 10
Emperor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Xperia Z battery fluctuation issue

@Lapramuk

You can try @Nabeel suggestion

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Facing-problems-with-abnormal-battery-and-shutdown/m-p/320375#U320...

Or you can contact your local Xperia Care

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Thank you, I'll give it a try and return.
Emperor
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

@Lapramuk

Keep us updated. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

I've updated/repaired my Xperia device using PC companion, but still I have the same issue. When l connect the phone to the charger, sometimes it shows that device is charging while sometimes the charging symbol disappears i.e. not charging. Battery is still fluctuating dramatically.. From 39% to 23%.. 27%.. 19%.. 9% to 33%.. and so on. I also can't see the 'power management' option in settings. Please suggest.
Emperor
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

@Lapramuk

That might be a hardware issue, contact your local Xperia Care ASAP

Apprentice
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

@uliwooly You're right. I also presume that this is an issue with temperature sensors of the battery. Thanks for your help so far. Ciao!
Emperor
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

@Lapramuk

anytime, keep us updated. 

One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

i am also facing exact same issue. Did u manage to sort it out?

Apprentice
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

I couldn't solve it on my own and I submitted the phone to Sony service centre. They found that my phone was water damaged. So I gave it to them for repairing and they replaced the internal circuit of the phone and now it's working fine.

I suggest you to once open all the lids of your phone (ie. headphones, sim card, memory card etc.) and check if color of the indicator (it is a small white color strip inside the lid) is white or not. In case if any one of the indicator is red then your phone is also water damaged. If it's so, then there's no work around. You only have to go to service centre and submit your phone for repairing.