account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z battery drops to 0, crash, reboot

Regular
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Xperia Z battery drops to 0, crash, reboot

Edit:1 Now that I think of it, this problem Started after the update yesterday.

Hi

Phone: Xperia Z

This problemed started about 2 days ago.

I get very bad signal from my gsm card, sometimes no connection at all. Battery drops to 1% from 50+%. Then the phone crashes. For the last 2 days this happens 10+ times per day.

Sometimes it starts up normal, but often it starts to "optimize apps" wich takes like 1 hour.

It also started to become very warm near the NFC tag! 

I tried the power-button and volume up until it vibrates 3 times and resets. Didnt help.

I removed and inserted sim card, didnt help.

What can be wrong?

Also my Xperia Z tablet after update to lollipop wifi dont work.

Is this the quality of Sony ? maybe I should go to iphone instead?

And what i fear is that no warranty is covering any repair charges.

Screenshot_2016-03-02-15-31-22.png

9 REPLIES 9
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Xperia Z battery drops to 0, crash, reboot

Do you experience the same on safe mode?

How to boot on safe mode
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

How to boot on safe mode on Lolipop
1. press and hold the power key
2. once you get the pop up menu 
3. press and hold "power off" 
4. Boot on safe mode should become available
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

If you experience the same on safe mode, repair the phone with PC Companion.
http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
Regular
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Thanks for trying to help

I booted in safe mode, but same problem. Phone gets very hot, and crashes.

I will try to repair with pc companion tonight. Btw, repairing, resetting, factory resetting, reinstall, did every possible solution with my sony xperia Tablet Z, but WIFI still not working. But thats another issue. This is about the xperia Z mobile phone. But with the tablet in mind, i doubt anything will help except buying a new phone. And if that happens it wont be a Sony. Read to much negative things about it to fall in the trap again. :\

Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

@berste

Bear in mind that you are using a nearly 3 years old phone, your battery might have reached its lifetime end. Try software repair using PC Companion as Phy suggested (use the blue link for full detailed guide) and report back please.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Regular
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Hi

Yes I know the phone is old Slightly smiling Face But still, I have a Nokia 3330 thats like 12 years old and it works flawlessly, same with my other older phones.

But maybe the new phones with all the high end specs are more prone to break. Might be cause of all the components involved. I dont know.

But, I try the repair tonight and I will report back tomorrow.

Thanks

Regular
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Thanks for telling me once again about the quality of Sony products "they are almost 3 years old".....

Edit: The repair did not work, as I already knew from the beginning that it shouldnt. But it was worth a try. Repair for phone and tablet did nothing. So I spent some months reading forums, help guides, watching youtube videos on how to solve the issues with the tablet but nothing so far worked. And I spent days reading about the phone, its issues and how to resolve them, but nothing worked. So I tried it all, every solution out there.

But your doing a good job as "help", but you should move to another company that cares for its customers instead.

The phone and tablet costed me aroun 1000 euro when i bought them. Now they both are useless.

Before anyone else replay "try this", no i tried it all. I spent weeks on fixing this  product and it doesnt work. So, never Sony again for me. NEVER!

/Edit: Sorry for any harsh words, the moderators and people helping in here are doing a great job! So my complaints are not aimed at you. Iam complaining about a faulty product. I started to do some research about Sony phones and their quality. As it seems, Iam not the only one whose phone stops working just when the warranty is over.

And I had my fair chair of phones, they all still work today. Even an old Iphone 3g...

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

I'm very sorry to hear about your phone and tablet Slightly frowning Face

As the software repair didn't help, i'm afraid this sounds like it's hardware related and that it needs to be investigated and fixed at a service centre. For more information on how and where you can have them repaired, please contact your Local support.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

It's most likely related to "mobile radio active" bug that's been going on ever since lolipop. It's been reported numerous times to google, but they keep ignoring it pretty much. https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=165558

I had the same problem, sudden drop from like 30% to 0% and power off while having that same process (like yours) draining battery rapidly.
My only fix was to flash 4.4.4 firmware and now it's working fine. There is no battery drain and my battery goes fine to 0% without sudden drops.

I wish I could urge for Sony to try and resolve this kernel bug as it was apparently fixed in 6.0.
And support really needs to stop telling people to repair software in cases like this, becuase it won't do any good.

Regular
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Thanks Lauda

I will try to downgrade to 4.4.4.

Iam very busy atm but I will try it upcoming weekend, so I will report back once done.