account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z auto-rotate not working

Inhabitant
Message 11 of 40
Message 11 of 40

Re: Xperia Z auto-rotate not working

Try stock 4.2.2, it's pretty solid. No need to unlock bootloader if you stick to a stock rom. Google flashtool,  it's fairly easy to use.  Don't forget to make a backup of your current rom. 

Adviser
Message 12 of 40
Message 12 of 40

Flashed the 4.4.2 stock on my phone using flashtool. It's looking good so far. Thanks for the advice. I'll keep you updated to weather or not it worked.
Adviser
Message 13 of 40
Message 13 of 40

12 hours it lasted. Same thing happened again. Accelerometer and gyroscope stopped working. Can't understand why. Is it possible to flash an earlier android version? 4.3 or something around that.
Inhabitant
Message 14 of 40
Message 14 of 40

Like I said,  try Android 4.2.2. Build 10.3.1.A.2.67 worked pretty well for me, no accelerometer issues. It still might be faulty hardware and needs to be sent away for service. 

Adviser
Message 15 of 40
Message 15 of 40

Sorry I misread. Thought you said 4.4.2. I'll give it a try. Thanks again.
Adviser
Message 16 of 40
Message 16 of 40

Awesome, it's working great. Thank you very much. Just got to put up with it telling me about a new update now. Lol
Adviser
Message 17 of 40
Message 17 of 40

Disaster, I opened my camera app and it rebooted my phone. Flashed 4.2.2 again and Same thing happened. Upgraded to 4.3 and it wouldn't even boot up. Just kept getting so far then rebooting. Flashed 4.4.2 back on it and no rotation issue for almost a day. Then it happened again. Gonna unlock bootloader and install cm11 see if that helps. My warrenty had expired Anyway.
Adviser
Message 18 of 40
Message 18 of 40

I finally got around to unlocking my bootloader, I'm gutted. It can't be unlocked. I found a method of fixing the problem. But need to boot into recovery mode. I've tried almost every method I've found on Google. (about 7 methods) and still no luck. It just boots up as normal everytime. Can anyone shed some light into why this is not working?
One time poster
Message 19 of 40
Message 19 of 40

I have same problem using update firmware 4.4.4 never had the problem before last update, it's a relatively new phone so about time Sony got their act together to fix the problem it's obviously software related and a bug in the last update
Visitor
Message 20 of 40
Message 20 of 40

I fixed my auto rotate issues by disabling and re-enabling 'Google voice typing'

You can find it under Settings > Language & input.

If it works for you please let me know.

I'm hoping this bug is resolved with the upcoming Android L (Lollipop 5.0 5.1) update coming in February / March