account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z auto-rotate not working

One time poster
Message 21 of 40
Message 21 of 40

Re: Xperia Z auto-rotate not working

hello Alexander
im having problem in accelerometer in my xperia z2 and i dialed *#*#7378423#*#* i got following things on the screen
1. service info
2. service setting
3. service tests
4. coustomization settings....

there is no option for calibrations
plzzzz help ....
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 22 of 40
Message 22 of 40

Hi there recently I am having problems with screen rotation done everything you said in previous posts and it got worse rotation still not working phone slow down lost all data etc please help
Visitor
Message 23 of 40
Message 23 of 40

But the way it's xperia z3 compact
One time poster
Message 24 of 40
Message 24 of 40

I have the same problem! Don't think I'll be the last to add this to this post! Mine is 2 weeks old! Why should we all have to try to fix our phones ourselves?? Its clearly a software issue that needs an update to fix! Oh and whilst your at it, I now can't use my new phone to listen to music in the car as the 3.5mm jack works only when it wants to! ( hardly ever) Its a new cable. Worked fine on my old Xperia. This phone is full of bugs!! Gutted stuck with it for 2 years now! What are you going to do about it.
One time poster
Message 25 of 40
Message 25 of 40

Let us hope Sony will get it right with Lollipop...
One time poster
Message 26 of 40
Message 26 of 40

I had the exact same issue... big fingers and all Slightly frowning Face
i went through all the diagnostic tests that the phone has and everything was working, i didn't want to resent it to factory settings and lose everything, so i opted out of trying it. 
after just about giving up... i changed the phone to the basic home screen, then switched the auto rotate off then back on. i then immediately restarted the phone, letting it set on the table without moving it while it turned off and then back on. i let it set there a few min while i prepared to be disappointed... but when i picked it back up, to my amazement it it worked! 
idk if this solution will work for everyone. maybe if someone else tries it they can post a reply as to whether it worked for them.

Rookie
Message 27 of 40
Message 27 of 40

You are brilliant! This worked for me too! Thank you so much for giving the solution to a problem that has been bugging me for ages!

One time poster
Message 28 of 40
Message 28 of 40

Heya, four weeks no rotation, have reset phone three times, in testing when gyro is pressed the phone restarts, have tried everything above, over and over and nothing. No accelerometer and cannot check gyro. In apps like navigation, Facebook etc the phone restarts when it feels like it. My big thumbs cannot take this much longer!
One time poster
Message 29 of 40
Message 29 of 40

Xperia C4 auto-rotate not working

Good day!

I would like to ask for assistance for my Xperia C4.  On the first day, the auto rotation and other services are working well.  However, after 2 hours, the auto-rotation suddenly stops.  I've tried to check the settings & reboot the unit many times for several days.  I even tried to reset factory settings but no change at all.  Please help me what to do and I am really hoping that you could help me.  Thank you and God bless you!

One time poster
Message 30 of 40
Message 30 of 40

Tap and hold homescreen! You'll find home setting right beside themes.