2014-06-04 05:39 AM
My phone has a slight lag when scrolling down the notification bar with the new update any one know how to fix this
Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs
The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue.
- Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
- SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
- missing NFC icon
- Screenshots border issue
- If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
- WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
2014-06-05 03:51 PM
2014-06-18 07:33 PM
This update has destroyed the complete experience on my Xperia Z. Till 4.2.2 eveything was just fine. Now it hangs everytime I try to use it saying "Xperia Home is not responding. Would you like to close it?" after some period of being frozen, it just restarts. Now my phone is unusable I can so nothing with it because it continuously freezes and restarts.
I am surprised that this thread has been running for quite a long time and Sony has done nothing to fix this. This update was waiting on my Updates queue for a long time now and I didn't do it fearing some problem like this. And, no doubt, it has happened. I didn't expect this from Sony. I'm very disappointed and will never trust them on mobiles again. Now I will probably reset the phone and revert back to the base version and never run an update again. I don't want to run with this phone to the Service Center now as if I have to other work in this life.
2014-06-18 07:40 PM
@alexdon, I'm trying to run this Sony Update Service. I hope it helps. My Xperia Z has become a useless block of brick.
I suggest you to repair software with sony update service.
2014-07-09 12:11 AM
Settings-apps-all-camera,force stop and clear data.Restart.
Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.
2014-07-23 08:09 PM
sony the best in the smartphones out there and after 4.3 kitkat update my XPERIA ZR poped up with 2 problems,
1. bluetooth not working it's neither discovering near by devies nor gets discovered by other mobiles.
2. battery drains really quick but this was solved once i re-installed update and also dint allow google play services to update since then.
2014-08-08 09:07 AM
Now everytime I restart the mobile, it doesnt seem to be able to load the sounds. I have the default ringer tone selected but it doesn't ring. When I try to open the Settings -> Sounds -> Call Sound it hangs. This update is a mess.
2014-08-08 09:09 AM
Now I'm again running the Sony Software Update on my laptop and it says there's another 960 MB update. This is pathetic.