account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

0_
One time poster
Message 371 of 389
Message 371 of 389

Re: Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

My phone has a slight lag when scrolling down the notification bar with the new update any one know how to fix this

@uliwooly wrote:

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users

Visitor
Message 372 of 389
Message 372 of 389

Updated my xperia z, this week, using so much more battery than prior to the update, also now when you swipe to go to home screen it goes to the camera. And now noticing how hot screen is getting.
DjD
Adviser
Message 373 of 389
Message 373 of 389

This update has destroyed the complete experience on my Xperia Z. Till 4.2.2 eveything was just fine. Now it hangs everytime I try to use it saying "Xperia Home is not responding. Would you like to close it?" after some period of being frozen, it just restarts. Now my phone is unusable I can so nothing with it because it continuously freezes and restarts.

I am surprised that this thread has been running for quite a long time and Sony has done nothing to fix this. This update was waiting on my Updates queue for a long time now and I didn't do it fearing some problem like this. And, no doubt, it has happened. I didn't expect this from Sony. I'm very disappointed and will never trust them on mobiles again. Now I will probably reset the phone and revert back to the base version and never run an update again. I don't want to run with this phone to the Service Center now as if I have to other work in this life.

DjD
Adviser
Message 374 of 389
Message 374 of 389

Re: Xperia Z android update 4.3

@alexdon, I'm trying to run this Sony Update Service. I hope it helps. My Xperia Z has become a useless block of brick.

@alexdon wrote:

I suggest you to repair software with sony update service.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

Message 375 of 389
Message 375 of 389

I do hope it helps.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 376 of 389
Message 376 of 389

I get an error saying camera not available when i try using it, any fix for this?
Message 377 of 389
Message 377 of 389

Settings-apps-all-camera,force stop and clear data.Restart.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 378 of 389
Message 378 of 389

sony the best in the smartphones out there and after 4.3 kitkat update my XPERIA ZR poped up with 2 problems,

1. bluetooth not working it's neither discovering near by devies nor gets discovered by other mobiles.

2. battery drains really quick but this was solved once i re-installed update and also dint allow google play services to update       since then.

DjD
Adviser
Message 379 of 389
Message 379 of 389

Now everytime I restart the mobile, it doesnt seem to be able to load the sounds. I have the default ringer tone selected but it doesn't ring. When I try to open the Settings -> Sounds -> Call Sound it hangs. This update is a mess.

DjD
Adviser
Message 380 of 389
Message 380 of 389

Now I'm again running the Sony Software Update on my laptop and it says there's another 960 MB update. This is pathetic.