Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2014-01-30 12:32 AM
2014-01-30 01:14 AM
I agree. Since this latest update I have had the following issues:
- Mobile Data cutting out completely requiring a restart to get working again.
- Network signal dropping out during calls.
- Chrome browser display issues(black screen on open tabs, display issues)
- Poor battery performance
2014-01-30 12:39 PM
2014-01-30 04:18 PM
I just brought Xperia ZR month ago, now my phone got a lot of problem after updated it's software to Android 4.3
1. Touch screen sometimes not functional
2. Press power button sometimes did not wake up phone screen
3. Earpiece got noisy sound when making calls
2014-01-30 06:51 PM
2014-01-31 06:44 AM
The Z became a connectivity nightmare after the 4.3 update. I spend almost 1.000€ on a smartphone + accessories, just to find out that I spend far too much time in trying to solve all kinds of connectivity-issues.
Customer satisfaction dropped from 90 to almost 0 now. I'm seriously considering selling this very expensive piece of crap and replacing it by a 'proper smartphone: the Iphone 5.
Bad experience, Sony... Never again, rippers...(you know Sony: when you ask money for something, people expect something functional in return)
2014-02-01 12:58 PM - edited 2014-02-17 08:56 PM
I have updated my unbranded Sony Xperia Z to Android 4.3 in the Netherlands 2 days ago.
Sofar, I noticed the following issues (which were not there before the update):
(1) When connected through Bluetooth to my BT speaker (Philips P9), I cannot even find my WiFi network. This is problematic for streaming music. It helps to disable bluetooth, thereafter the WiFi network can be found.* (2) The WiFi connection is considerably slower than before. (3) My car kit (Kenwood DNX7260BT) freezes when trying to synchronize the contacts through bluetooth connection. No calls can be made. (4) Sometimes the phone does not react to the power button. The screen stays black. Only after 4-5 times pressing the button it comes alive again.
(5) The keyboard does not allow switching between languages anymore.
(6) The battery drains faster.
2014-02-11: received a firmware update. It solved problem (1) above.
It was announced that this firmware update would solve bluetooth connectivity issues, but it still cannot communicate with my carkit.
After two weeks of using Android 4.3 on the Xperia Z, I noticed two more smaller flaws:
(7) often the tab page in the Chrome browser stays black. Scrolling it brings back the view of the page.
(8) i have setup smart connect app to display the clock when I place the phone in the docking station, but after the update it display the locked keypad screen, instead of the clock.
2014-02-17: received firmware update 10.4.1.B.0.101. No noticeable changes sofar.
Updated the bluetooth firmware for the Kenwood carkit (v3.30.4): connection issues are gone now.
2014-02-02 09:37 PM
A few days ago, Sony has posted firmware for Xperia Z1 which is consist one of the fixes - work Bluetooth. There was a problem with disconnects and choppy sound like compression as 64 kbit \ s.
When we see the same fix for Xperia Z/ZL/ZR?
2014-02-03 10:32 AM - edited 2014-02-03 10:34 AM
I have a Xperia Z and I have installed 3 days before the update to 4.3.
First of all, the design was changed to its detriment, it looks pale, almost desolate. Especially the colors for the display of the clock.
It is also a pity that there are no dark design more, everything is really light what the paleness enhanced.
Furthermore, I have found that the setting "desk clock", after a short time the display turns off, rendering it useless as alarm clock or bedside clock.
As a positive effect, I have found that the Wi-Fi has become better reception.